Cheap flight from Rome to London

Jan 27th, 2002, 04:38 AM
Suzzane

Cheap flight from Rome to London

I am planning to fly round trip from the US to London since that is where my tour of Europe will begin and you can get the cheapest flights to Europe.

I am looking for inexpensive flights (one way) from Rome to London. I have found - and booked - really cheap flight from London to Paris. Will do train around the rest of my destinations.

You guys have the best info! Can anyone recommend the cheapest air carrier for Rome to London?

Jan 27th, 2002, 05:09 AM
Rex

Probably ww.go-fly.co.uk - - or maybe British midland - - but they've stopped quoting actual prices on their Discover Europe Air Pass - - and might only fly to Milan. It appears you might have to have a travel agent quote you prices to use this option.

Best wishes,

Rex

Jan 27th, 2002, 06:42 AM
Don

Or www.virgin-express.com back to Heathrow via Brussels. If you have some airport flexibility, consider Ryanair back to Stansted, www.ryanair.com

Go, which Rex recommended, serve Stansted nonstop from Rome.

Jan 27th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Sarah

Ryanair fly Stansted-Ciampino, but their summer timetable isn't up yet.
www.ryanair.com

Jan 27th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Suzzane

Thank you for your input. Question: does Ryanair fly to/from Rome? I checked out their website and I didn't see where they fly to Rome.

Jan 28th, 2002, 04:52 AM
Don

Ryanair do not fly to Rome proper (unless Sarah has some inside info about upcoming timetables). If one of the 9 or 10 other airports that Ryanair serve in Italy won't work for you, then try Go, www.go-fly.com, which fly Ciampino-Stansted nonstop. However, Ryanair's 10 EUR fares will be hard to beat--even with tax and train to outlying airports factored in.

Jan 28th, 2002, 04:56 AM
Suzy

Watch out for Ryanair -- they make up for their bargain fares by charging outrageous rates if your luggage weighs more than their VERY stingy allowance!

Jan 28th, 2002, 09:58 AM
ttt

to the top

Jan 28th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Ed

Try Easyjet.

Jan 28th, 2002, 03:35 PM
Don

easyJet don't serve Italy.

Jan 28th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Suzanne

I checked out Go-fly. com and one way was about 210 euros while round trip was 65 euros one way, 80 euros back.

Thinking about buying the round trip and only taking the first half. You think I could get away with it?

Jan 28th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Rex

Yes, I do.