Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

cheap fares for 1 day trip from London to Paris

May 29th, 2001, 05:39 AM
kate

Anyone know where I can get a discount eurorail pass from London to Paris? I've looked on the Eurostar website but prices are rather high - anyone have any special sites I might find them for cheaper? I'm only going to Paris for the day so want to budget as much as I can.

thanks

May 29th, 2001, 05:58 AM
Alec

http://www.eurostar.co.uk/
has a Weekend Day Return for GBP70. Bookable only in UK. This is just about the cheapest there is.
If you are going on a weekday you'll pay a lot more, because such a trip caters mainly for business travellers on expense account.
Buzz http://www.buzzaway.com flies from Stansted to CDG three times a day and has weekday day return available from GBP60, plus transfers.

May 29th, 2001, 06:28 AM
Kate

Thanks for the info Alec, Unfortunately for me I would have to do it on a Tuesday as my travel dates are from Sunday to Thursday. Guess I will end up having to pay a higher fare.

One quick question - where is Stansted?

May 29th, 2001, 10:50 AM
Alec

London Stansted Airport is in Essex around 30 miles north-east of London. There's Stansted Express train from Liverpool St station and takes around 45 min.

May 30th, 2001, 06:06 AM
Kate

Thanks for the help Alec, unfortunately my friend going with me doesn't want to do the day trip so all that investigating was for nothing i appreciate the feedback though.

Any tips on cool clubs/bars to see in London?