Cheap-er London Shops to buy CD's

Mar 13th, 2001, 07:45 AM
Eva

Cheap-er London Shops to buy CD's

I am looking forward to stocking up on the latest and greatest CD's from England but where can I purchase them without breaking the bank - besides Virgin, HMV and the other larges chains. What is the average price in pounds per cd now?

Mar 13th, 2001, 07:47 AM
Eva

BTW, I should also mention that I'm looking for music along the lines of Pete Tong, Sasha, Digweed, etc. etc.

Thanks!

Mar 13th, 2001, 01:16 PM
kav

Eva

The record shop chains you mentioned are good, look also in larger Boots and Woolworths stores as most stock chart CDs. At various times one or more of these shops have specials and are offering CDs at only 9.99. Otherwise chart CDs are usually about 13 to 15 UK pounds.

Also recently a few places were offering big discounts on any albums nominated for a Brit Award.

Kavey

These larger chains are generally better than small boutiques.

Mar 13th, 2001, 01:48 PM
Kym

Basically every CD you would buy in London you can get cheaper on the Internet.

BTW, that's CDs, not CD's.

Mar 13th, 2001, 02:03 PM
hmmm

Kym, get a life.

Mar 13th, 2001, 02:09 PM
julia

Kym is probably correct, but if you are in London then try Selectadisc at 34 Berwick Street - nr Soho. It sthe best CD shop in London, best range. The chain CD Stores HMV or Virgin or Our Price will charge most for chart stuff. But a chain will often have a promotion on 5 for 30 or 3 for 20. try Oxford Street for bigest selection (and just around the corner from Berwick Street too).

Mar 13th, 2001, 02:45 PM
Eva

If I were to buy CD's (that's for you Kym) just coming out in England I would have to wait weeks or maybe months to buy them on websites and then pay roughly $30 or pounds 20 not including shipping. Or are there sites that I don't know about that won't charge a small fortune? Thanks for the suggestions guys.