Reload this Page >

Cheap, clean hotel in Rome

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 09:51 AM
Rick

We are looking for a cheap, clean hotel room in Rome. If possible around $100 triple within 1/2 mile of train station. Any suggestions? Reasons/suggestions for other locales?

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 10:12 AM
sandi

Go to www.venere.com, click on Rome, then click on the area you're interested in. You'll see abreakdown of dozens of hotels from % star on down. You probably will need to look at the 2 star hotels for that price. I saw several in your price range. Once you've made a list of hotels you're interested in, and if you need to add'l help to narrow it down, I'd then do a search on this board to see if comments about those hotels have been posted before. If not, you can repost your question with the hotel names in them and you might get lucky! See how easy it is?

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Julie

I have a great place that is only about three blocks (an easy walk even with luggage)from termini station. It is a hotel that is run by nuns. The rooms are spacious, clean,have their own bathroom with shower, and breakfast is included.(rooms are airconditioned!!!)The rooms have been refurbished recently and are like new. You can have dinner there as well, though I never did. <BR><BR>I stayed there last summer for 11 nights and could reach almost everything by foot - the colosseum, form, palatine, cirus maximus, and famous via Veneto are all reachable in ten minutes.<BR><BR>http://www.suorebambinogesu.it/DNB/hotel.html<BR><BR>for a double room it is 46.45 euros.<BR>You can reserve online which makes things alot easier.<BR><BR>if you need to know anything else email me. Hope this has been of some help!

sandi

Sorry, the % should read 5 star....

Vita

Maybe Pensione Panda near the Spanish Steps? Might not be close enough to the train station for you but the price is about right and it was very clean. <BR><BR>www.hotelpandaparadise.com

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Julie

sorry....the 46.45euros a night is per person, for a triple room it is 41.35 euros per night per person.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 10:21 AM
sandi

Julie, I just looked at the link you gave us, and that is such a clean, quaint place (and cheap!) I assumed they have shared baths?

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Julie

Rick - no, private bathroom with shower, toilet, bidet, and sink. The bathrooms are a very good size too....<BR><BR>I couldn't believe how lucky I was to find this place - it is a complete gem, and I would recommend it to anyone. <BR><BR>Also phone and TV in each room (though the only english channel is CNN, but MTV Italia is very entertaining!)

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 12:07 PM
topper

topping for Rick!

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 12:17 PM
Julie

SANDY - I should learn to read better! That last post was for you!