Cheap but good hotel/hostel in Rome?

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 04:55 AM
Yuen

Cheap but good hotel/hostel in Rome?

Anybody have any recommendations for cheap yet good accomodation in Rome? I'm basically looking for value for money (aren't we all?). Going in 12 days!!!!

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 04:59 AM
try

go to www.enjoyrome.com you should be able to get links to some different hostel/low cost hotel sites there. I stayed in Hostel/hotel des Artistes a few weeks ago. It was okay but I think I would try the Fawlty Towers next time, though HDA is cheaper.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 05:26 AM
jen

I like the Hotel Primavera near the Piazza Navona. You can get lots of other ideas at www.eurocheapo.com, then click Rome.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 06:36 AM
Dale

Stayed at Pensione Panda at Via del Croce 35, a few blocks from the Spanish Steps. As I recall, the tariff was about 85 Euro. Clean, and the location can't be beat. They have a website.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 09:42 PM
Kay

Try www.hotelsmeraldoroma.com
We stayed there last year, great area near the Campo dei Fiori which has a market most mornings. Lots of places around to eat. Hotel was OK, nothing to rave over. Get a price without breakfast and have a cappuccino and pastry across the laneway - much cheaper and with more atmosphere.
Kay

Old Jan 10th, 2003, 06:28 AM
Yuen

Thanks for all your help guys.