Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Cheap and Convenient Location aparments for rent in the 7th Arr

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 03:44 AM
Rebecca

Hi i will be going to Paris this coming December and as i will be going with my family members, we thought of staying in an apartment instead of a hotel where we could do our washing and cooking in the apartment. It would be ideal if we could stay near the Eiffel Tower which is the 7th Arr and so i hope someone would introduce me apartments in Paris.

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 04:25 AM
elaine

I don't know about cheap, but you can check these websites
www.europalet.com
www.interhome.com
www.qconline.com/psr Paris Sejour Reservation, recommended by a Fodor's poster
www.yourhomeinparis.com This is also Paris Sejour Reservation

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 07:16 AM
Harriett

Try www.paris-sleeps.com -- I've used this company before (for an apt in Latin Quarter when we took our kids Spring '99) and was very pleased with them. Their rates are reasonable (relatively speaking) and include more than many other rental companies -- no utility deposit; guided neighborhood tour, phone service, stocked kitchen, Metro/bus passes ARE all included.

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 11:13 AM
Miane

My advice as a native parisian:

The 7th is not the best arrdt. to stay in, it's kind of dead and off-center. I'd recommend you stay in the Marais (4th), St. Germain (6th) or Quartier Latin (5th) where you will have easy access to the city's main sights. Then you can hop on the metro to go see the eEffer Tower.

2 rental companies I'd recommend: www.rentvillas.com, www.locaflat.com, both know their stuff.

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 01:11 PM
Christina

You don't say what price range you consider cheap, but short-term vacation apt rentals are expensive in Paris so I suspect they will be more than you want. However, if you want to stay in the 7th, I think that is a fine idea given want something cheap, regardless of it being dead (some people like it, anyway, I stay elsewhere myself) as it will be less expensive than the trendier tourist/residential areas, particularly St Germain. In fact, I would suggest you look in the 15th arr. also, in addition to the 7th, and you will get even cheaper--it borders the 7th and is still fairly convenient (ie, near the metro stops Motte-Piquet or Dupleix or Cambronne); av de Suffren is the border of the 7th and 15th. I think Locaflat and PSR have the widest selection at a budget range and throughout the entire city, not just in expensive tourist areas, so are your best bets. The best apartments (and I don't mean just expensive, but best locations and deals) are booked 6-9 months ahead, however, so you may not have the best choice at this date. Aside from a true apartment, if you are mainly concerned about having a kitchenette and laundromat, you might look into Citadines or Orion apartmenthotels which are modern but more predictable what you will get--Citadines has one on rue Cambronne that would be an okay location in the 15th near the 7th (www.apartmenthotels.com is an agency who has both firms listed, as far as I can figure out). None of these are cheap IMO. There are some private rentals listed that might be cheaper on www.vacationspot.com (I think, haven't checked that out lately).

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 05:16 PM
Randall Smith

Bon Soir,

We have just finished extensive remodeling on a 2 Bedroom, 2 Full Bath, apartment at the southern edge of the 5th arrondisement. It has great public transportation, and is out just far enough you can get away from all the tourists if you want and feel like your in a real Paris neighborhood. If you're interested you can look at our website at http://www.lacigaleparis.com , we have many amenities and there are no hidden charges as you will find that some are prone to charge.

Your choice of a home stay is Paris or anywhere in France for that matter is a good one wherever you dicide to stay. I believe it is far superior to small cramped hotel rooms.

Bonne Visite,

Randall Smith