Chateaux de Noireux, Loire,France

Jun 21st, 2001, 03:42 AM
dick

Chateaux de Noireux, Loire,France

I'm looking at hotels in the Loire this August.Does anyone have any experience of this hotel,its environs and location?Many thanks.
Dick

Jun 21st, 2001, 01:00 PM
dick

anyone?

Jun 22nd, 2001, 08:34 AM
dick

I'll give it one last shot.........

Jun 22nd, 2001, 09:27 AM
Austin

The Chateau de Noirieaux near Angers is the finest Relais Chateaux I have ever visited and Ive visited quite a few all over Europe
It is elegant without being formal, the staff is young and delighful, it is in an idyllic setting overlooking the Loire, the rooms in the annex are perfect and best of all are Anja and Gerard Come who run the place (at least I hope they still do)
Anja is your host and Gerard runs one of the most underated kitchens in France--it should rate 4stars in Michelin
On the down side it is isolated (Angers is a bore) and the small villages nearby are dreary
It is not in the heart of the chateaux country but close enough for you to be able to take in a few within a days drive
For my money, it doesnt get better than this when it comes to la vie chateaux

AH

Jun 24th, 2001, 03:01 PM
Charlotte

I looked at the hotel situation in the Loire Valley and I chose the Domaine des Hauts de Loire near Onzain. It was fabulous and a great location to see the chateau we wanted to visit.

Jun 24th, 2001, 03:22 PM
kam

We stayed at Domaine de la Tortiniere, a rather small chateau near Tours in Montbazon. Was great--reasonably priced and friendly, we had one of the turret rooms. In the area, if you wanted grander was d'Artigny in Montbazon, although it's much younger. Don't try to see too many chateaux. After a while they will start to blur together. Maybe the big three "C's" plus Amboise or another one. Enjoy. Get on those reservation right now!