I want to plan a short trip from Paris to Norway for my husband's birthday in late September. Given financial constraints, it will have to be a short trip (I'm thinking three days). I know it's a bummer to give a trip such short time, but his family is Norwegian (all live in the US now so no more connections in Norway), and it would be fun surprise for him.
Oslo is an obvious choice, but what are some other ideas? He's super proud of his viking heritage (he loves boats, weird pickled fish, sweaters, you get the idea) so a small, authentically (or perhaps typically?) Norwegian town would be great. Should I try to find a cheap airbnb in Oslo, or do you recommend somewhere else?
Thanks for your help!
(budget would be something like $75 per night... I'm seeing some airbnb's in Oslo for cheaper, but also aren't quite sure where to look). The cheaper, the better...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 HP Printer 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT HP Tec*h care
- 2 frequent functioning, then epidermis
- 3 10 days in europe
- 4 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 5 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 6 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 7 Trans Siberian Train
- 8 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 9 Malaga Christmas lights
- 10 GTG Paris December 2017
- 11 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 12 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 13 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 14 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 15 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 16 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 17 Greece during Easter week or August
- 18 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 19 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 20 The World's Greatest Churches
- 21 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 22 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 23 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 24 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 25 My France Vacation