Charles de Gaulle Terminal 1 shuttle

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Despite the many posts on this subject, I am still confused about arrival at Termanal 1 and jumping on the Airport Navette/shuttle to get the TGV. As I read the CDG schematics, the only elevator that goes from the arrival level to the Boutique level from where the schematics indicate the shuttle leaves is between door 32 and 34. Am I reading that correctly about all the factors?
Old May 10th, 2005, 02:52 PM

Yes.
There is only one place to catch the shuttle. There should be some signs to help out as well. Also, there is an Information Desk in the same vicinity.
Old May 10th, 2005, 03:54 PM

After clearing immigration and customs you will enter the main hall of the terminal. The terminal is a round building so you can not get lost. Worst thing that happens is you go around the circle and back to where you began. Go to the information kiosk at hall 34. Behind it is the elevator. Exit the elevator and go outside, go to the left opposite door 28 and you will see the shuttle buses. Since you want to go to the TGV station and not the RER station get on the RED shuttle bus. If you were going to the RER station for a train into Paris you would get on the GREEN bus. The bus makes an endless loop around the complex stopping at all the Terminal 2 concourses beginning with Hall 2 A/C, then 2E, then 2F and finally the TGV station. On the bus you will see a map of the route and also there is a streaming marquis sign next to the driver displaying the next stop. YOU CAN'T GET LOST.

Have fun, relax CDG is not as complicated as some would have you believe although it is not the most traveler friendly airport in Europe either. One more thing; the lines at the ticket counter in the TGV station will probably be long. Get there an hour before your train departs to either buy your ticket or to pick-up any tickets you may have bought on-line and choosing to pick-up at the train station. You can not use an American credit card to get your tickets from the ticket machines; you must get them from an agent at the counter.

Larry J
Old May 10th, 2005, 03:59 PM

One other note:

If you are having trouble understanding the ADP maps of the CDG airport it is not you. I fly in and out of there maybe 6-8 times a year and I can not make heads or tails from those on-line airport maps for CDG and I have the advantage of knowing the complex well.

Larry J
Old May 10th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Larry, but one more point for clairification: Am I correct that I take the elevator to the Boutique level? Although I already have my TGV tickets and reservations, so don't need to stand on any line, I might be tight on time if I get lost, so I don't want to get lost. At least now with your help I know which elevator to take down, just want to make sure the navette is at the lowest, boutique leve.
Old May 10th, 2005, 08:06 PM

Humanone

You leave nothing to chance do you? Glad to help; It is one floor down on the elevator, there will be a sign telling which level is for what purpose, I really don't remember what name they give it but yes it is the same level as the shops. Trust me; YOU WILL NOT GET LOST. Many years ago on my first trip to Europe CDG is the airport I first arrived at and with no pre-planning or help whatsoever I had no trouble finding my way out of the airport, to the RER station and into Paris. I didn't speak a word of French; not even bonjour. From the time you clear customs and immigration to arriving at the TGV station should not take you more than 15-20 minutes and much of that time is spent waiting for the bus to load and pull out.

Bonne chance,
Larry J