Thomas d Aquin or Hotel Muget

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need a little advise. Which do you all think is the nicest of these hotels I am interested in quaintness, cleanliness, location. Like quiet but not comotose,closeness to interesting cafes or restaurants and sites.

My humble thanks

Karen
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:06 AM

Hotel St. Thomas d' Aquin is in busy St. Germain des Pres with many cafes, shops, and restaurants. It's also within walking distance to the busier Latin Quarter.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:16 AM

Hi
If you do a search here on the Muguet by name, and also at tripadvisor.com, you should find many comments
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:30 AM

We have never stayed at the Muguet but like the St.Thomas d'Aquin very much. It is in an ideal location, in the 7th Arrondisement, very near to the 6th. The area is centrally located and lively with restaurants and cafes but quiet at night. You didn't say when you were going to Paris but airconditioning might be an issue. I didn't notice if the St. Thomas d'Aquin has it as we were there in the fall.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:46 AM

I've stayed at both of them but haven't stayed at St Thomas in about 12 years or so, so don't know their current decor and style.

Both hotels were perfectly clean; I wouldn't call either quaint, but I don't use that word lightly just to mean something other than modern furniture. In fact, the St Thomas was very basic and dull (motel-ish) furniture when I was there, so it was below the Muguet in style. However, I think they have refurbished since then from what I've heard. They could have re-done lots, so who knows -- the Muguet had a better bathroom, though (in a single), and St Thomas might not have redone those as they weren't that old.

Both did that thing were they stick the TV near the ceiling like a hospital on bars, which is totally un-quaint IMO. The people at St-Thomas were a lot nicer and even sent me postcards for Christmas for several years after I stayed there. They had a very good breakfast, also, and good coffee. I didn't eat at the Muguet and don't generally like taking breakfast in the hotel (I think it must have been included at the St Thomas for me to have done that).

Both locations are okay, hard to say. I guess I'd pick St Thomas personally on that one, as it's only a few blocks from St-Germain metro stop.

Hotels can vary a lot as to what kind of room you book, also, of course, you can't omit that factor. The room I had at the Muguet was very small, but some people say they get better rooms--if they are booking the deluxe or superior doubles/triples, of course. I was in "singles" in both hotels. I would definitely consider the AC factor, also, depending on your dates.
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 10:46 AM

We've only stayed at the Muguet and liked it very much. It has A/C. Location is also in the 7th, very quiet in a one-way street and yet very close to the Paris attractions and lots of retaurants/cafés nearby. Two metro stops within 5 min. walk.
Our room on the 5th floor (elevator) had view on the Eiffel Tower.