Change of plans- Italy in October?

Sep 12th, 2001, 06:06 PM
Lynn

Change of plans- Italy in October?

We are scheduled to leave for Italy in a few days. We were thinking of changing this due to the recent horrible events. We thought maybe we should give it a few weeks to see how things go and were wondering what anyone's thoughts are on going to Italy and Germany in October- is it still a nice time to travel and visit?
Thank you.

Sep 12th, 2001, 06:09 PM
Lucy

First, I'd not worry about a trip to Europe right now. Not everyone will feel that way, but I would certainly have no concerns.

Germany, depending on where, of course, generally will have a bit nicer weather in September than October, but it should still be quite pleasant.

Early October is my favorite time to be in Itay.

Sep 12th, 2001, 06:14 PM
Lynn

Lucy - thank you for your repsonse. Just wondering- why do you say October is your favorite time in Italy? What about that time makes it special? Thanks again.

Sep 13th, 2001, 05:42 AM
Debbie Lee

Dear Lynn,

I'm assuming you're American, and perhaps not sure of the airports opening etc... also, of course, you must feel dreadfully shellshocked with all that's happening there at the moment. My heartfelt sympathies from Australia for you all.

As far as Italy in the autumn... it really is just the most magical, wonderful time to travel. My husband and I were there last Oct/Nov, the days being on average around 16 - 20.c, perfect walking weather... cool, but the sun was out most days. I have quite an indepth travel report in the archives somewhere, called "Italia in l'autunno - A trip report', if you are at all interested. Some times I reminisce (sp?) and read it all over again... We had the most wonderful time... but I can imagine how dreadful you must be feeling right now too.

Whatever you decide, Italy is a wonderful place... and there are many over here in Australia praying for you all over there... Take care...
Debbie Lee..xxx

Sep 13th, 2001, 08:12 AM
Meg

Dear Lynn
Do continue with your trip to Italy - it will be an antidote to the dreadful events of this week. Expect delays at your airport of departure because of increased security but I'm sure you'll meet nothing but sympathy from fellow Europeans.

Search this Thread