Poland - Here I Come!

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 08:17 PM
Judy

Poland - Here I Come!

Finally I almost made up my mind. Will be taking a tour either the first or third week in September. My question is: Which tour group should I hook up with? I have brochures from Cosmos, Orbis, PAT, etc., etc. Has anyone either had good or bad experiences with any particular group? Will you share them with me so I can make a rapid decision? Thanks!

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 08:00 AM
Art

Hi Judy, I can't recommend tours in Poland, but I hope you have a great time. We'll have to compare notes when you return. I know that the folks on Lonely Planet are more into backpacking then tours, but there is some good information on Poland there.
Regards,
Art

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 08:31 AM
Ben Haines

I'm afraid that I don't use organised tours. But I can say that you'll have better care from a company that knows the country, as Orbis does but Cosmos does not. I'm stuck over PAT: is it Polish ?

I read the Lonely Planet forum daily: there's plenty on Poland but nothing on packaged tours there, I'm afraid.

Ben Haines, London

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 11:49 AM
Judy

Ben - I looked up PAT. It is: Polish-American Tourist (Turystyka Do Polski) - a division of Worldwide Travel, 1285 Riverdale Street, West Springfield, MA 01089-4617. Tel: (413) 747-7702. E-mail: [email protected]
Web site: www.pattours.com
JUDY

Old Aug 24th, 2001, 10:12 PM
Peter

other Polish-American travel agencies that have good flight prices and tours are:
http://www.amta.com/
http://www.jantary.com
but best is to do it yourself since many hotels have english speaking people that can assist with trains, sightseeing directions or booking tours from hotels.

Old Aug 25th, 2001, 01:18 AM
Ben Haines

I agree with Peter. It's easy to go not in a package, there are plenty of hotel people (and city tourist offices) to help, you don't spend time sitting in immobile busses waiting for late-comers, and you have a clearer and more direct view of the country. You can still have guided tours of given city centres, museums, cadstles, and so on: hotel staff know who runs them to each place.

Sorry: I should have said this earlier.

Ben Haines

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 06:57 AM
BHaines

Dear Ben,
Returned from my 14 day tour of Poland with Poland American Travel (PAT.) The tour was good because there were only 10 people and we were in a Mercedes minivan
The young guide spoke good English and was flexible when we wanted to do or see other things (within reason.) I redcommend this tour for people who do not feel confident to do it alone.
Judy