Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Change of itinerary! Help please with Italian hotels; San G., Lucca, Lido di Camaiore.

Search

Change of itinerary! Help please with Italian hotels; San G., Lucca, Lido di Camaiore.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 04:22 AM
jan

After completely changing what I already had booked (shoot me!), now we are changing our minds. I am looking at Hotel Casalta in Strove (near Siena and San G.), Albergo Tenuta Torciano, Hotel la Vecchia Cartiera in Colle Val a'Elsa.<BR><BR>Near Lucca, in Massa, Cavalieri Del Mare. In Lido, Hotel Tony. Anyone ever stay at any of these??<BR>

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 04:58 PM
ttt

topping---please reply!!

Old Feb 19th, 2002, 05:01 PM
ttt

why is this not topping?

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 06:38 AM
edfran

It would be easier for us to respond if you gave us your itinerary; Why go back to Pisa after Cinque terre? Sounds like you are doing too much. What is you time frame? Why is Pisa so important? Flying out of there? Other posters think Pisa, while great to see, in relation to Florence, 5 terre,is a poor trade off. As before, double the amount of time you think it will take to travel, especially from S Gem to Pisa.

Old Feb 24th, 2002, 08:23 AM
jan

To edfran: I actually have another post out there with the itinerary spelled out. Yes, we have to go to Pisa because that is where we fly out of. I am only giving Pisa any time at all (other than our last night there for our early flight) because my kids, 12 and 14, are SOOO eager to climb the tower, and since they will be accomodating our wishes a lot of the trip, this is one that I really need to make happen.<BR> <BR>Please understand that this is a family trip, and although I know it sounds as if we're trying to cram a lot in, we're also trying to get as broad an overview as possible. Were it just my husband and I, it would be a far different itinerary!<BR><BR>This one is; Friday leave Rome, stay the night near San G.<BR>Saturday drive to Pisa to see tower, stay that night closer to the CT. (We have to arrive early in the day to get a ticket to climb the tower, thus the back and forth necessity.)<BR>Sunday, visit CT, drive back to Pisa for last night, leaving early Monday.<BR><BR>Does that help? Thanks for any helpful thoughts on these hotels. After hearing some other replies, we are now looking at Hotel Pescille near San G. and Relais Santa Chiara. <BR><BR>But the CT region is still up for grabs. Other options that have come up are Hotel Belvedere in Portovenere, Hotel Florida in Lerici, and Doria Park Hotel in Lerici.