Reload this Page >

Champagne Tours in Reims

Search

Champagne Tours in Reims

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 11:11 PM
purplefish

Champagne Tours in Reims

If you were to recommed only one champagne tour in Reims, which would you recommend and why?

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 09:09 AM
tops

topping

Old Jan 29th, 2003, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only one with which I'm familiar is Mumm's, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 10:22 AM
lynlor

The only one we went to was Pommery. It was a very enjoyable and educational experience. The tour through the extensive caves was fascinating.

Old Jan 29th, 2003, 11:09 AM

We did Piper Heidseck (sp). It was near the downtown area, very informative and bought a bottle from their gift shop at a very reasonable price.<BR><BR>I recommend it because it is the only one that I toured, and Mikeee and his wife, who doesn't drink wine or shampagne, liked it.
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 12:28 PM

I did the Cliquot tour two years ago, and it was great. We also toured Moet in Epernay. For the Cliquot tour, I made a reservation about a month ahead of time -- the tour included my husband and me, and another couple. That was it! So we could ask many questions. For the Moet tour, no advance reservation was needed, but there were about 20 people on the tour. So -- I would recommend trying a champagne house where you can make an advance reservation. The Cliquot tour was actually free, unlike the Moet tour (and the Cliquot tour included a tasting at the end).
Old Jan 29th, 2003, 01:12 PM

Because we had Lanson champagne at our wedding we arranged to tour Lanson's facility last March. Since it was off-season and a Friday the production facility was closed. My husband and I with a guide had the place to ourselves. It was really great. I would suggest trying to find a producer who product means something to you for a more personal touch. <BR>PS We had a great lunch at Les Crayeres after the tour, then went to see the stain glass windows in the Cathedral.
Old Jan 30th, 2003, 10:02 AM

purplefish, you may find this site of interest: http://www.champagne.fr/gb/portail-gb/index-gb.html<BR><BR>It's all about the vineyards of Champagne.
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 10:29 AM

(tried to post before, will try again, thanks to the new system post did not appear)<BR><BR>Hi Purplefish. Like Beth, we also toured the Veuve Cliquot caves and had a great time. You do need to reserve your space ahead of time but it's free and there is a tasting at the end. I think we had about 8 or 10 people on our tour, which was a great size so we felt comfortable asking questions and was small enough to hear what the guide was saying.
Old Jan 31st, 2003, 12:10 PM

I have toured two caves , Mumm's and Taittinger. Each were enjoyable for different reasons. I can't differentiate between the two, so logistics would be the defining factor for me.