We'll be in Chamonix for 3-4 nights in early June 2015. We are looking for a hotel with quad rooms or connecting rooms for our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children).
Must have an incredible view from the room. A balcony would be nice, too.
I'm not opposed to an apartment/condo or vacation house if they allow short term rentals... who are the most reliable agencies in Chamonix? (There's not much available on VRBO for my dates.)
We'll have a car, so parking (and easy access to the hotel by car) would be important.
Are there some locations within Chamonix that are better than others in terms of charm, views, being able to walk around, and easy access to restaurants and walking trails around the village?
Since we're not going there for skiing, is a hotel's close proximity to the Aiguille du Midi a selling point or a detractor for June? (Aiguille du Midi is likely the only lift that'll be open when I'm there, based on the preliminary 2015 schedule posted on http://www.chamonet.com/lift-dates
Also, are there other nearby villages that we should consider? Someone on another post suggested Megeve. The hubs has only one request: he wants to sleep right at the base of Mont Blanc and be able to see the Alps from his room.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO $ 1888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h by 24*7v
- 2 10 days in europe
- 3 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 4 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 5 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 6 Trans Siberian Train
- 7 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 8 Malaga Christmas lights
- 9 GTG Paris December 2017
- 10 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 11 3 weeks driving the Netherlands
- 12 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 13 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 14 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 15 Slovenia and Croatia in January (Solo)
- 16 Greece during Easter week or August
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 19 The World's Greatest Churches
- 20 Viking Cruise Tours (Barcelona and French Riviera)-- Please Help
- 21 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 22 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 My France Vacation
- 25 Paris November 2017