Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Cesari, del Senato, Richmond or Helvezia in Rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:54 PM
Debby

I'm down to these 4. Any input?<BR>Thanks<BR><BR>Debby

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 05:24 AM
Debby

ttt

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 09:40 AM
Rex

If the prices are about the same, it's almost flip a coin. Certainly for the first two.<BR><BR>When is this trip? Why not write (e-mail, fax or snail mail) and ask for a brochure by mail. Response time, or something you see in their own promotional lierature might influence you.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Mar 4th, 2002, 10:57 AM
ellen

I can give a thumbs up for Cesari. Don't know about the others.

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 02:52 AM
ttt

to the top<BR>

Old Mar 5th, 2002, 03:04 PM
Debby

ttt

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 02:16 PM
clemm

Del Senato is incredible--I'd say on a Ritz Carlton level. Best location, service, etc. Bar on roof deck is pure paradise after a long day of touring.

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Rex

Unbelievable - - ever even discovered this rooftop bar at del Senato!<BR><BR>But you know - - to compare it to Ritz Carlton - - well, I don't think so (not that such a level of luxury would necessarily appeal to me in Rome). For one thing, no restaurant at all. Likewise for Cesari.<BR><BR>None of this is meant to say that you should have ANY qualms about either place.<BR>

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 06:52 PM
steve

very hapy with del Senato. You can look right out your window on to the Piazza with the fountain and right onto the Pantheon. Not too noisy at night with good windows. Very nice bathroom. AC worked well. Good breakfast. Best of all very good location for walking. Easy walk to most sites. Helpful staff. Pretty good breakfast. All these choices are comparable. They look so far apart on a map, but are really close together.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 05:33 AM
clemm

OK...so there's no restaurant IN the Del Senato, only some of the finest dining in the world within steps of the hotel, so who cares about having a restaurant in there? I can honestly say I have stayed in rooms that were not as nice in the Ritz chain in the US. Our Del Senato room was huge, had a huge marble bathroom, service could not have been more personal, etc.