Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   CDG Transfer from Paris - very early in the morning (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/cdg-transfer-from-paris-very-early-in-the-morning-219012/)

Cristi May 10th, 2002 10:56 AM

CDG Transfer from Paris - very early in the morning

Hello,<BR><BR>My plane leaves from Paris' CDG Airport at 9:00 AM on a Friday morning.<BR><BR>As far as I know I need to be to the Airport 3 hours in advance, which is 6:00 AM.<BR><BR>What are my options to get from Paris (Montmartre) to the CDG Airport by 6:00 AM?<BR><BR>Is the RER an option?<BR><BR>Any info is greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Cristi

Betty May 10th, 2002 11:14 AM

You need to be in CDG no more than 2 hours before your scheduled time. I do not know who told you about 3 hours but the counters won't be open three hours earlier. We came home last Monday flying out of CDG. Because it will be before morning rush hours I don't think you will need to leave your hotel before 6:30 am. Relax and have a great time <BR>Between 7pm and 7 am taxis charge a night fare

Louis May 10th, 2002 11:15 AM

First RER leaves Gare du Nord at 5:29 arrives CDG 5:56.

StCirq May 10th, 2002 03:54 PM

Cristi:<BR><BR>I'd take a taxi at that hour of the day. It will be cheap because there won't be any traffic on the peripherique, and Montmartre is closer to CDG. And I'd agree that 2 hours is plenty of time, even if you're flying Air France, which might send you to the ends of the earth in Hall F and make you wait 45 minutes in line.

Vincent May 12th, 2002 10:07 AM

I second Betty about the uselessness (and the silliness on the part of airlines) to arrive early: anyway counters won't be open until 2 hours before !If you take a taxi, it'll cost you more than in the daytime, since before 7 AM is considered night. That said, consider your overall budget, the difference between RER and taxi fare, and make the division. If you are staying in Montmartre on metro line Nr 2, get off at La Chapelle, there is a direct connection to RER B to Roissy.

elvira May 12th, 2002 04:34 PM

February, I took a taxi from Montmartre to CDG at 6:30 (plane left at 10); hardly any traffic and the cost was maybe 20 euros? (I would have had to take the metro, which was a hike from the apartment, to the RER - decided it wasn't worth it, emotionally). I am very glad I got there early (about 7:15ish). The SECURITY line to get to the check in line had a hundred people in it! By the time I got through the security line, the check in was open...then I had to go through the security (x-ray type) to get to the boarding area. I had about 90 minutes to kill before I could board, but I'm the sort who'd rather sit in an airport for 90 minutes than panic all the way to the airport (which I would do if I planned on arriving at the airport two hours before departure).

L May 12th, 2002 05:02 PM

We had StCirc's experience at the Air France 'diversion' lines. We stood thru three lines before finally being directed to the correct one. <BR><BR>We took a taxi from Rue Cler, farther from Montmartre, costing 45 euro. It was a fast Mercedes, doing roundabouts at Arch de Triumph, after all the work of Metro.

cristi May 13th, 2002 06:40 AM

Thanks for all the info folks!<BR>Cristi