Notices

CDG train to Dijon

Aug 24th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

CDG train to Dijon

Where in the airport (CDG) is the station to catch train going to Dijon.
Aug 24th, 2015, 01:07 PM

It's kind of down in a lower level in an area in-between Terminals 2C/D/E/F.

there will be signs at the airport to SNCF.

here is a map, it's that black train looking thing in the middle
http://easycdg.com/airport-guide/ter...arlesdegaulle/
Aug 24th, 2015, 01:17 PM

Terminal 2's TGV station is the only stop in CDG for TGV trains - no TGVs that I can find at least up to 3 pm on a weekday direct to Dijon but many many from the Gare de Lyon - take the RER from same airport station or other airport RER station into Paris for that. Allow one hour for the transfer as you may well have to change RER trains before getting to the Gare de Lyon.

www.voyages-sncf.com or www.capitainetrain.com for fares and schedules - if you book far in advance you can get a deep discounted ticket but those I believe are train-specific and non-changeable non-refundable and if flying you never really know when you can comfortably get to the Gare de Lyon - so with discounted tickets leave a lot of fudge factor time and perhaps dine at the legendary Trein Bleu (sp?) in the Gare de Lyon - you can always buy full-fare tickets once in Paris IME - if the rare chance 2nd class is full first class rarely rarely would be but you can also buy a full fare ticket for a specific train in advance and if you miss the train I think that ticket would be good on other trains but not sure so be clear of that.

For lots of great info on French trains check www.seat61.com - great info on discounted tickets; and general info www.budgeteuropetravel.com and www.ricksteves.com.

Many TGVs TGV Duplex trains - doubledeckers and views from the top deck are vastly superior to those from the sunken lower level where views are often blocked by retaining walls and wind blocks - I think you can chose you level if booking online - at station ask about upper level.

Search this Thread