CDG to St Germain des Pres transport

Oct 16th, 2002, 07:33 PM
xxx

CDG to St Germain des Pres transport

Another transport travel issue for recent travellers,

Compare Paris Shuttle (grey vans) vs. taxi for single traveller from CDG to Paris 6th with two suitcases. Would appreciate any feedback re: experience with Paris shuttle in and out of Paris vs. thoughts on taxis...Merci...

Oct 17th, 2002, 04:03 AM
heidi

I've gone to Paris twice this past year and have taken a cab both times. I find it easier and after the long flight, I just want to get to the hotel as soon as possible. It may be more expensive, but splurge on yourself! My sister uses the RER, but prefer taxis.

Oct 17th, 2002, 05:59 AM
bb

Just got back from Paris---stayed in the 6th-- and couldn't have been happier with the service with Parishuttle...pick-ups on time and effiecient and you can't beat the cost. Sure it takes a little longer than the taxi, but it's a nice tour through the streets of Paris. Mention Fodor's and get a small discount.

Oct 17th, 2002, 09:41 AM
Beth

Have used PariShuttle four times in the last year and highly recommend their service. Mark Harris, the manager, will give you a small discount if you mention Fodors.

Oct 17th, 2002, 10:04 AM
Christina

There are some cities I won't scrimp on transportation to the hotel and Paris is one of them, I usually take a taxi if I have any baggage. I do this even when traveling alone, but taxi costs are fairly reasonable in Paris, and the time and energy I save taking a cab is more than worth the little extra cost over shuttles to me. I would never consider the RER/metro unless I had only a small carryon.

I think you know the costs; for a single traveler, a taxi obviously will cost about 20-25 euro more, probably. This isn't much to me for the savings and convenience (and reliability, you never have to worry about when a shuttle will show up), but I value my time a lot. But for context, I would never consider spending $200-300 on a pair of shoes or purse as some others do, and I buy very little when traveling, so it's just priorities as to what's of value to you.