Reload this Page >

CDG to Orly - How long by taxi?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2002, 05:07 AM
dena

I will be flying into CDG, due to arrive at 8:15 am. I need to get to Orly to catch a flight that leaves there at 10:45 am. Does anyone know if this is feasible? I know, some will ask, why not get the flight from CDG to wherever it is your are going. However, due to cost, the flight is MUCH cheaper from Orly. Any helpful suggestions or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Old May 10th, 2002, 06:47 AM
Betty

Hi, Dena. Have a look at this site:<BR><BR>http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01_an.nsf/$$Affich?ReadForm&cle=X500<BR><BR>It is a map that shows the various means of getting from the airports into Paris and between CDG and Orly. If you then click on "Links between Orly and Ch. de Gaulle airports" on the left, you will see more detailed information about your options. There are basically 3: RER + Orlyval, Air France bus and taxi, including departure times and locations, frequency and costs.<BR><BR>Assuming your flight arrives on time and you can get through customs fairly quickly, you should be able to make it. If I were you, I think I would opt for the RER since it is not affected by road traffic. At the time you will be traveling, the routes between CDG and Orly could still be pretty congested with morning rush-hour traffic which would slow down either a bus or a taxi. Mind you, I don't have personal experience to rely on here. (I think I took the bus once several years ago, but don't really remember how long it took.) Maybe someone else can relate a recent experience that will help you decide. Good luck and bon voyage!

Old May 10th, 2002, 07:14 AM
dena

Hi Betty! You are such a dear! Thanks so much for the reply, I am going to look at the website now. Anyone else with experience, please feel free to advise. Thanks again.

Old May 10th, 2002, 08:01 AM
Louis

What day are you arriving? If it's a weekday, road trafic can be very bad at this hour. The RER train trip takes 1:15 minutes, and involves a change at Antony to take the Orly VAL, but on a weekday this will most likely be faster than taxi or bus. Allowing for check-in at Orly, it seems possible but awfully close to me.<BR>If I were you, I'd try to get a flight later in the afternoon.

Old May 10th, 2002, 09:05 AM
dena

Hi Louis! I will be arriving on a Sunday morning, does that make a difference? I sure hope so. I am not sure about the RER due to luggage. How will the traffic be on a Sunday morning? I look forward to your reply and thanks for the help. Any one else with experience, please feel free to reply.

Old May 10th, 2002, 09:14 AM
Louis

Sunday morning makes a HUGE difference! Take a cab, should not take more than 35 - 40 mins (tell the driver to step on it, he will gladly oblige).<BR>It should probably cost about $50.<BR><BR>Bon voyage!

Old May 10th, 2002, 09:25 AM
dena

Thanks Louis! That really put my mind at ease. I appreciate your help and Betty's too!