Reload this Page >

CDG to Montmartre

Search

CDG to Montmartre

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2002, 02:56 PM
Janine

CDG to Montmartre

Hi, I know there have been numerous posts on transport from Charles de Gaulle into Paris, but am hoping to get a little clarification on options for my own situation.<BR><BR>Will be arriving into CDG around 4.30pm (after very, very long flight)on a weekday and need to get to hotel in Montmartre, area of Sacre Coeur/Anvers metro station. I am travelling on a budget, so would prefer not to take a taxi all the way in. Other posters have mentioned a shuttle bus and RER trains. Can anyone tell me what is the best option - a combination of one of the above and taxi? and where from? I am travelling alone with one fairly large backpack for luggage.<BR><BR>thanks<BR>Janine

Old May 21st, 2002, 03:05 PM
Grasshopper

Take a shuttle (about $15) You can reserve one line www.parishuttle.com

Old May 22nd, 2002, 02:36 AM
Jean

Hi Janine<BR>With only one large backpack take RER, then metro.<BR>Do you know the address of the hotel? Maybe we can help

Old May 22nd, 2002, 04:24 AM
janice

Janine try the shuttle , it will be cheaper than a taxi .<BR>We tried it a couple of months ago & were very pleased.<BR>Its best if you contact the boss guy direct & mention Fodors as he will give you a discount.<BR>try [email protected]<BR>

Old May 22nd, 2002, 04:26 AM
Janine

Thanks for your replies.<BR>The hotel is across from Anvers metro station. However, I am thinking it might be worth stretching the budget to take the shuttle as I will be coming up for 36 hours travelling time once I hit Paris and quite likely feeling a bit shell-shocked!