Search

Best scenic vacation in Spain

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 03:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best scenic vacation in Spain

Hello,
Me and my husband are planning to travel to Spain from Nov 9th to Nov 11th. I know its a short span. We are not much interested in museums and history. Instead we would like it to be full of natural sceneries and adventurous.Can you please suggest some places?

We thought we could choose Spain because it could be comparatively warmer and drier. If you have any other European country destination also, kindly suggest.

Regards,
Madhura
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 03:56 AM

You have many replies on your other posts...why are you asking again?
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 06:25 AM

Maybe they don't want to see Madrid?
http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...for-3-days.cfm
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 08:45 AM

"we would like it to be full of natural sceneries and adventurous" Spain is the 2nd most mountainous country in Europe, most of which is very scenic, like the Picos, Pyrenees and the Sierra Nevada, but it being warmer and drier will depend on where you want to spend your three days. But Spain is not where you want to go is you are not interested in history, as it would be all around you, on every turn.
Old Oct 22nd, 2013, 09:13 AM

I think the area around Barcelona would be great for scenery. I took a visit up to the monastery to Monserrat, and it was beautiful. I also think the area around Madrid has lots of good scenery, such as trips I've made to Toledo and Segovia.

I don't know the Atlantic coast, I'm sure it is scenic.
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 02:05 PM

Check out the national parks in the south. Cabo de Gatas in Almeria is incredible--lots of orange rock and beautiful blue Mediterranean. Great hiking trails, too. The Sierra Nevada area in Granada also has some wonderful hiking paths and (though I'm not sure if this is what you meant by "adventurous") other adventure sport opportunities like climbing, paragliding, etc.

Also, if you're up north, Asturias has some fantastic scenery -- even the bus ride to Oviedo from Madrid is breathtaking at times. If you're in that area you can also check out the northern coastal villages, like Cudillero. Just keep in mind that you'll need a car for most of these more "off track" sightseeing opportunities.