Reload this Page >

CDG Airport Driver to Hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 11:06 AM
Susan Koch

I have been following the various threads posted concerning transportation from Paris Charles de Gaulle airport to hotels in Paris for 4 people and have seen the varying degrees of reliability of the shuttles. Also, it appears that since we have 4 travelers in our family, we would likely not be able to get one cab to take us to the Rue Cler area. Has anyone had any positive experiences with hiring a private driver to take you from CDG to your hotel? I saw a service advertised that does this called Paris Airport Shuttle (although it's not really a shuttle since it only picks up one party). Has anyone used them? If so, how was the experience? Any recommendations? Thanks.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:23 PM
Myer

I've used an airport shuttle from the hotel to airport but don't remember the name. <BR>However, I've used the Air France bus from the airport to the old Opera building. Good service, reasonable price. There is a main airport stop just to the left side of the Opera building. From there you can take a taxi to your hotel. Depending where it is.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 12:29 PM
marge

I have read good comments on Airport Shuttle their site is paris-anglo.com <BR>for 2 is $18 per person don't remember rest of the rates.

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 04:06 PM
Fred

Nowadays people really don't seem to have any trouble getting a taxi for 4. There are so many van types, larger cars that people report they don't have any problem. You will pay a small supplement for the 4th person. For more Paris information e-mail me – [email protected]

Old Jul 2nd, 2001, 05:28 PM
Pat

to take a van the charge is per person, for a taxi it is cheaper for a larger group. there are thousands of taxis in line at the airport, just bring the printout of the map to your hotel because some cab drivers don't speak any english, and not great French! To return by taxi from Paris to the airport, you MUST arrange a pickup the day before through your hotel staff.