Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   CDG airport & TGV experts pls help, urgent! (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/cdg-airport-and-tgv-experts-pls-help-urgent-692067/)

Irenewong Mar 28th, 2007 09:56 PM

CDG airport & TGV experts pls help, urgent!

Hi all, i will go to paris in 21/6 by Air France landing in CDG airport. My arriving time would be 6:30a.m. and I need to catch a TGV to Aix-en-Pronvence in CDG airport. There's only 3 direct-route TGV to Aix each day. One is at 8:40am., the other is 1:30p.m. So, I would also like to know can I catch the one of 8:20a.m.? If not, I need to wait for 5 hours for the train. Can any experts give some advice? since I would like to buy the PREM at a lower price for which is unchangeble, I need to buy it as early as possible. so, I'm now not knowing which schedule of train should I choose. So, pls give some advice.

Besides, I try to book in the SCNF web for the TGV, when I'm in the page of selecting the price I want for the targeted train and press the button of "choose this outward journey" , it just "show up no train run after the time indicated". No matter which train and price I choose, it just shown up this sentence. So, what does it mean and what can I do then? So, can anyone help me in the TGV booking? Thanks.

SuzieCII Mar 29th, 2007 04:59 AM

When I went to the Voyages-sncf website, there are two trains at 9:45 and another t 9:55 for Aix-en-Provence from Roissy (the airport). Train #5112 at 9:45 ...and train 9834 at 9:55 (9834 also had prem fares available for ...I think 34E's....

Irenewong Mar 29th, 2007 07:42 PM

Hi SuzieCll, thanks for your help. But why I can just only see the schedule of Train #5112 at 9:45 ( which is not a direct-route, it need to change a stop at Lyon) but I can't find the train 9834 at 9:55? is it a direct-route? I would like to take the direct-route coz this is my first time to France alone and I'm not familiar with TGV station at all. So, direct-route may be mroe convenient for me.

ira Mar 30th, 2007 04:51 AM

Hi I,

1. You could make the 08:40 if everything goes well and your plane doesn't unload somewhere in left field, and you don't have to take the shuttle bus to the terminal, and your baggage isn't delayed and there aren't very long lines at passport control.

2. The 09:45 will get you to Aix at 14:55, requires changing trains and costs 108E.

3. The 13:10 arrives in Aix at 16:36, and costs 35E.

You will make the 13:10.

For 70E savings and the loss of 1:40 hr, I would hang around the airport, have a cuppa, window shop and take the 13:10.

You could book on both the 08:40 and the 13:10 and buy the insurance.

You could then get a refund on whichever train you didn't take.

You can print your own PREMS ticket, even if you buy the insurance.

See www.voyages-sncf.com for details on refunds.

((I))

Irenewong Apr 3rd, 2007 06:02 AM

Thank you ira, probably I will buy the ticket of 13:00p.m. But I don't quite understand as you say I can reserve both tickets of 8:40a.m.& 13:00p.m. Will they can refund for the unused ticket if I buy the insurance?

Besides, as I know TGV always need to make a reservation for seat and pay for the resevation. If I buy the ticket online and print it at home. Do I need to make the reservation for TGV seat at the staion counter on the date I depart?

Last Question, there's a "choisir Ma Place" option when we buy our ticket, there are so many options for us to choose, which one of them is best based on your opinion? Thanks. I really hope some of you can help to answer my questions.