Catalonia trip. Advices

Aug 4th, 2017, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Catalonia trip. Advices

Hi. I'm going to Catalonia alone in the beginning of September and would like to hear some advices about traveling through it. I'm arriving to Barcelona, but want to make it as the last destination point in the end. What places can I go directly from there, so that later I could step by step move closer to it again?
I'm thinking of the north direction as there are a lot of possibilities to go from Barcelona to, let's say, Girona and then down by Costa-Brava... Or maybe you could advice some other opportunities? I'd love to catch both: small towns' architecture and atmosphere and some beautiful beach locations.
Some details: I'm arriving to Barcelona at 19:00, which makes it difficult to find some transfer to other towns directly as they all stop going around 21:00. So the following question- Do you know any good and cheap hostels there just to sleep over for the morning train/bus etc?
Another important detail: I don't have driving licence, so some tips about traveling by public transport would be great as well.

Thank you.
Aug 4th, 2017, 09:21 PM
kja

If you haven't already seen them, I strongly recommend the Michelin Green Guide and Rough Guide for these areas.

And you might find some useful information in my trip report -- just search it for the section that covers Girona and read on from there.
http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...-catalunya.cfm
Aug 4th, 2017, 10:35 PM

You have got other replies on other forums.

Search this Thread