Cash for Rome apartment rental.

Feb 5th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Cash for Rome apartment rental.

We have to pay the balance of the cost of our Rome apartment rental in cash when we arrive. What's the best strategy for getting the requisite amount of cash for the apartment, plus having some cash for the day. I believe there's a limit on what we can withdraw from an ATM. Is it best to get some Euros over here as well?
Feb 5th, 2004, 08:37 AM
ira

Hi sera,

How much will you need?

I think the usual ATM limit is about 250 - 300E, but you can ask your bank to raise your daily limit.

You can also open another account. that will double your daily limit.
Feb 5th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Original Poster

Using another account is a good idea, Ira. Thanks. I'll need more than the limit for the day.
Feb 5th, 2004, 08:51 AM

Although we've both raised our ATM limits, we found in Italy that the local banks may set a 300 euro limit. We wanted a bunch of cash to pay a hotel in cash, and when it would only let us take out 300euro, we did that, put the card in and took out another 300, twice more. But I'm not sure if all ATMs will let you do that.
Feb 5th, 2004, 08:56 AM

I was planning on getting some Euros in the US before I leave for Rome. Is this a good idea? Thanks.
Feb 5th, 2004, 08:59 AM

Well if you're the type that worries about things, then for peace of mind it might be worth getting up to 100 euro before you leave home -- but it will cost you more than getting them in Europe from at ATM. I sure wouldn't suggest you get a thousand or more to pay an apartment bill.
Feb 5th, 2004, 09:05 AM

Thanks, Patrick. We are arriving very early on a Sunday morning and being picked up at the airport. I wasn't sure I'd have time to use an ATM. Will take your suggestion and keep the amount I bring small. (I am not the person that did the original post)

Search this Thread