Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   casa de la memoria - new location in seville- some questions (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/casa-de-la-memoria-new-location-in-seville-some-questions-965856/)

plambers Feb 6th, 2013 08:29 AM

casa de la memoria - new location in seville- some questions

Hi. Previous posters that have been to the previous location mentioned that we should buy our tickets in advance AND be sure to get in line at least an hour before the 9pm show to ensure a good seat, since seats are first come/first serve. Some folks complained about poor viewing/seating in the old location.
Has anyone been to the new location that recently opened? Is seating better? Is the seating policy the same? thanks

plambers Feb 6th, 2013 08:59 AM

can anyone help me here? thanks

ekscrunchy Feb 6th, 2013 10:00 AM

Plambers: I was there in late October. Did they move since then?

I would recommend getting the tickets in advance, although earlier on the same day should be fine. We did see people arrving just before the show to buy, but I would not take a chance with this, as they do sell out. (They allowed a few people to stand during the show I saw, but you don't want to do this if you do not have to)

There are three rings of seats, in a u-shape, surrounding the stage on three sides. You should do your best to get a seat in the first row, so you have no head in front of you. Seating is on folding chairs.

A line began to form about 40 minutes or so before the show, as I remember. If you arrive by then, I would guess that you will get into the first row, barring any large groups. You could ask about this when you buy the tickets.

You cannot take photos during the show, until near the end, when one of the performers will signal that it is ok. I think the show lasted about an hour or so.

plambers Feb 6th, 2013 11:41 AM

Hi Erica. THe website says it is on Calle Cuna. I had heard it moved late November. Not sure if that happened. There are now 2 shows each night-7:30 and 9 pm. Need to figure out which show we prefer-which will allow us to eat more tapas?

ekscrunchy Feb 7th, 2013 05:14 AM

HI!

Oh, so they moved since I was there. To maximize tapas eating, better go to the early show which will let you out around when most places are opening their doors.

GoogleMaps says it takes 7 minutes to walk from Calle Cuna, #6 to Azotea on C/Jesus de GranPoder. Just an example....!!

plambers Feb 7th, 2013 05:21 AM

EK, thanks. Am laughing because that is what I figured to maximize tapas eating!! Azotea was on our list too (am sure it came from you!)

plambers Feb 19th, 2013 03:49 PM

EK, azotea is closed sunday evening, but i am sure we will have our fill there by then!!

jag1jag1 Jun 2nd, 2013 05:54 PM

Has anyone been to a show in the summer? I read elsewhere that it is stifling in the courtyard where the show is performed, but perhaps that was in the old location or on an exceptionally hot evening?