Notices

Carte Orange to Versaille and Disney

Old Mar 14th, 2007, 07:04 AM
WLS
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carte Orange to Versaille and Disney

Our family will each have a Carte Orange with a one week (zones 1-5) ticket that we hope to purchase at CDG upon arrival. If I understand correctly, this ticket will be good for all metros, busses, and RER trains within zones 1-5. Please correct me if I am wrong in understanding that the ticket is used and reused on metros and busses. Do we use the same ticket when taking the RER to Disney and Versaille or do we show the Carte Orange and its ticket to a RER ticket window to get a seperate train ticket? Thanks for your help. My non-existent French makes it much easier to get questions answered before we go!
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 07:26 AM

As far as I can remeber:

Metro&busses; you are correct, use and re-use

RER; same system, no extra tickets needed.

Old Mar 14th, 2007, 09:14 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
A five zone Carte Orange will be perfect for travel to all of those places.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 09:33 AM

It will be clearer when you get it, but the Carte Orange itself is NOT a ticket. It's a card. So with it you get a ticket that is good for the zones you buy and the time period. That ticket is stuck in a little slot on the larger ID card itself (which has a plastic cover). That small ticket is the same size as regular metro or RER tickets and it is what you stick in the turnstiles for the metro or RER. This is obvious when you get it. You have to make sure you retrieve the ticket that pops out of the turnstile and keep it, of course, for the next use. On the bus, you show the driver your Carte Orange with ticket in it as you pass him. They don't pay much attention to it, but I think can tell if they are for the correct date if they look well enough.

The ticket for the Carte Orange looks just like other type of metro/RER tickets, like a daily Mobilis.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 11:17 AM
WLS
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. Buy once then no more ticket buying lines. I will buy my Carte Orange, use, retrieve, and enjoy. Thanks for clearing up my confusion.
Old Mar 14th, 2007, 11:41 AM

here is an example:

http://www.universalpressagency.com/...539-453890.jpg