# carry on's thru CDG

Apr 1st, 2007, 04:38 AM
Original Poster

# carry on's thru CDG

I'm changing planes thru Charles de Gaulle airport on Air France in May. Can I have 1 small carry-on suitcase plus 1 large purse or can I only have 1 total carry on
Apr 1st, 2007, 05:17 AM

I am also interested in this as we will be flying in October. I wanted to try to get by with just carryon luggage, but if I can only have one I don't think I can do it. There was a post but I'm not sure if it was clarified if the EU is putting in regulations for all airports of only one carryon or if that will take place before October. I guess we can check with our airlines but what about the regulations of the airports themselves?

Thanks.
Apr 1st, 2007, 05:18 AM

I'm flying out of CDG to return to the US. US Airways indicates only -one- carryon is permitted from CDG. (we can carry on one bag + one personal item going out of the US).
Apr 1st, 2007, 05:27 AM

I was asked to put my purse into my carry-on bag in mid-March at CDG. As far as I could tell, others, regardless of airline, were doing the same.
Apr 1st, 2007, 05:36 AM

apparently the official start of the 1 item rule has been delayed until Nov in much of Europe. But in Feb I had a connection through Frankfurt on Lufthansa/United and was required to have my handbag inside my single carry on. It was OK since I was coming from LHR so was prepared. I seems to vary from airport to airport. Since the 1 quart/liter baggie comes out of your carry on at the same time it gives you a bit more space in the suitcase for the handbag.

Just plan so your carry on is not stuffed to the gills and you can squish your handbag in just for passing through security. I managed a 2 week trip w/ carry-on only and 1 item through security.

Apr 1st, 2007, 11:12 AM

I went through there three days ago. Many people were carying two bags through security. They had demensions posted as to how big things could be (but I don't recall that). My wife and I had no rouble bringing small backpacks and a big bag of stuff from the duty free on board. Maybe check the Airfrance website?
Apr 1st, 2007, 11:51 AM

I've been searching for the past several weeks as I'll be at airports in Madrid, Paris and Zurich.

Some of the airlines aren't forthcoming. I stumbled across American Airline's web site for all the countries they serve. The rules are country specific.

http://www.aa.com/aa/worldwideSites.do

It seems the the EU rules are uniform, however, Switzerland has the same limitation on carry-ons that the UK has, one only.