carnet of tickets???

Mar 25th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Original Poster

carnet of tickets???

Hello

Just a couple of questions on carnet of tickets (10). Can I use it to cross from zone 1 to zone 2 and it does not matter how far you go as long as it is going one direction? Am I correct? If I plan to stay in Paris for 6 days - going to 6 different places that would be 12 tickets. Do they have a 5 day pass for unlimited ? thank you
Mar 25th, 2011, 06:30 PM

Yes, the Pars Visite pass offers 1, 2, 3, or 5 day passes

http://www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/c_22088/p...-presentation/
Mar 25th, 2011, 07:22 PM

A carnet costs E12 for 10 tickets - good for zones 1 & 2. The Paris Visite 5 day pass costs E29.90. This is a no brainer. Buy the carnet, especially since you're worried about how much water costs. No need to spend an extra E18 needlessly.

Each ticket is good for 90 minutes on the metro and buses.

Depending on where you're staying, much of the time you can walk just as easily as taking the metro/bus. That way you'll see something more than the metro stations (although some of them are very interesting).

Have you gotten a map of Paris yet. I strongly suggest you get one before your trip so you can familiarize yourself with metro routes, places you want to visit, etc.
Mar 25th, 2011, 08:04 PM

The ticket t+ allows you to travel anywhere on the métro or bus (which actually includes a few locations in zone 3) as well as the RER within zone 1.

For example, la Defense is actually in zone 3. You may use a ticket t+ to travel to/from la Defense on the métro but not on the RER.

Search this Thread