Sardinia Questions for Solo Female Traveler

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going to be in Sardinia the beginning of June traveling solo. I'm staying in the Northern area and plan to rent a car to explore. My husband would rather I take cabs/tours rather than drive around by myself but it seems like Sardinia is a safe place to explore alone. I just want to confirm that it is safe for a solo female traveler to be driving around on her own to allay the husband's fears (I'm used to traveling by myself in cities all over the US, Rome, Florence, London, etc). Thank you!
Old Mar 11th, 2016, 05:42 PM

I have been to Sardinia several times, twice by myself. I never had any problem. Beware however that some parts of the island are pretty isolated and that you won't be traveling "in cities" but between villages and that you may drive a long time without seeing another car. Don't forget your cell phone. If you click on my name, you'll find my trip reports.
Old Mar 11th, 2016, 08:38 PM

We (my wife and I) can't be described as a "solo female traveler", but we spent 10 days in Sardinia recently.
We found it to be a very safe place.
It's actually somewhat neglected and rural when compared to the rest of Italy. I's an interesting place, and I am sure you will enjoy it. Safety should not be an issue.

Here is a link to my travel page about this trip.
http://www.travel.stv77.com/sardinia/sardinia.htm
Old Mar 14th, 2016, 01:03 AM

I live in Italy and travel to Sardegna several times a year…you will have no issues there as a female solo traveller.

have fun

Laura
Old Mar 14th, 2016, 01:49 AM

I agree with Laura.
Old Mar 20th, 2016, 03:11 AM

Hi
I think Sardinia is the safest place of Italy. You can travel in isolated villages and countriside without problems. Sardinians are very hospitable people and everyone will help you if you need.
Drive safely, expecially in small roads and remember to have always a telephone.
Have a nice trip.
Old Mar 20th, 2016, 03:11 AM

Hi
I think Sardinia is the safest place of Italy. You can travel in isolated villages and countriside without problems. Sardinians are very hospitable people and everyone will help you if you need.
Drive safely, expecially in small roads and remember to have always a telephone.
Have a nice trip.
Old Mar 23rd, 2016, 09:04 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone - I've reserved my car and I'm all set with maps, navigation systems, and lists of places to visit & restaurants to try. 2 months to go & I can't wait!