car seat in Budapest

Sep 1st, 2008, 10:00 PM
Original Poster

car seat in Budapest

Hi all,
Sorry if this is a repeat posting. I posted this question last night but for some reason, I can't find it on the forum so I'm posting it again. We're traveling to Budapest with our 5 years old and 15 months old kids in October. Our relatives will transport us to/from the airport but they don't have car seats. We'll use public transportation for the most part while we're there, but we might borrow their car to visit other parts of Hungary for a few days. I'd rather not bring along 2 car seats since we'll have a stroller, luggages and kids to balance already. Does anyone know of companies that rent out baby supplies in Budapest? I checked with car rental companies, apartment rental folks and our relatives. No one knows. Didn't find anything on the internet either. Anyone on the forum got other ideas? Thanks.
Sep 2nd, 2008, 12:48 AM

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...2&tid=35153625

Here is the link to your other post
Sep 2nd, 2008, 03:37 AM

With children that age, you'll need a booster seat for the older one and a child seat for the younger one. Booster seat is not that hard/bulky to carry, you can probably put it into a suitcase.

We usually order car seats when we rent a car. Most major companies have them. Though I highly doubt car rental companies would just rent out seats without a car.

One alternative is to take a stroller with clip on car-seat, though 15mo may be on the upper range age-wise.
Sep 2nd, 2008, 05:21 AM

Google for the Sit 'n Stroll Car Seat Stroller. It's an FAA approved seat, car seat, and stroller that works. It converts from a seat with wheels fully enclosed, to a stroller, just by pulling on the the handle. A bit pricy, but if you travel with small kids, it's great.

It's aluminum and plastic and ingenious.

There is a knock-off product out there that is made of steel tubing and the wheels aren't enclosed, so be careful.