Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Car rental through Dalmatia.net (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/car-rental-through-dalmatia-net-700956/)

Baby_Milos Apr 29th, 2007 07:49 AM

Car rental through Dalmatia.net

Has anybody tried booking a car through Dalmatia.net? Is the car condition and quality of service reliable? I find their rates cheaper than most international car rental companies.

alaspina Apr 30th, 2007 01:53 PM

I will be interested to find out as their prices are far cheaper than other rental companys and I need an automatic for early June.

Baby_Milos May 6th, 2007 07:04 AM

Any idea about Dalmatia.net?

DansDelight May 11th, 2007 02:20 PM

Try these,

economycarrentals.com
weltrentacar.hr
auto-europe.co.uk

alaspina May 15th, 2007 06:25 AM

I have rented my car through Dalmatia.net for an upcoming week. Although this remains to be seen how well it works, so far so good. The rental is through budget and I got a voucher in an email from Dalmatia.net. I am going to call Budget office where I am picking up the car and make sure they honor this and will have my car ready.

Baby_Milos May 16th, 2007 06:23 AM

So Dalmatia.net is only an agent for other car rental companies? Pls share with us your experience and their service next week.

Dalmatia_net May 21st, 2007 01:23 PM

Hello everyone,

First, let me introduce myself. I am the owner of Dalmatia.net Travel Agency (www.dalmatia.net). I am happy to see that you noticed that our car rental rates are the cheapest but I am sorry to see that you have some doubts in renting from us.

When I started the company a few years back, my goal was to give the best rates to our customers. So, I contacted all the reliable car rental companies in Croatia to see what they were willing to offer me and our customers. While most car companies would not budge on their high rental rates, I was able to get a few companies to give me very low rates, which I passed on to my customers. The rates we were given are lower than the rates these companies charge their own customers that go directly through them. Budget is one of the companies that we work with.

We only charge the customer a reservation fee, which is 10%-15% of the total rental cost. The remaining balance is paid directly to the rental company when picking up the car.

The reservation fee we charge is paid by credit card through PayPal. Therefore, we do not get your credit card information. PayPal's role is to charge credit card payments for us and to be a sort of guarantor that we will provide the specified service at the quoted price. PayPal does not work with fraudulent companies that lie or do not provide a service to their customers that was promised to them.

I hope I was able to convince you that we are a legitimate travel agency and that we are just trying to get you the best possible rates in Croatia. Please spread the word aroud about us.