Reload this Page >

Car rental pickup in Florence

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Mark

I might have to pick up a rental car from AutoEurope at the Florence airport. I'll be coming from Naples via train. Can someone tell me if there is a train station at the Florence airport? The reason I need to pick it up there is due to the expected arrival time, 3:00 pm and the fact that it will be a Saturday. The other pick up places in Florence are closed on Saturday at that time.<BR><BR>I open for any other pickup places on the route between Naples and Greve (my destination). I've checked Sienna, no luck.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 10:41 AM
Steph

I'd just call AutoEurope directly at 1-888-223-5555 here in the US. Good luck.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 11:49 AM
beth

Mark, <BR><BR>Taxes are much more if you rent at the Airport. I would try to avoid it. AutoEurope does have a City Location in Florence.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 11:51 AM
beth

Opps just read the rest of you post about timing<BR><BR>Why don't you drive from Naples, it's a nice fast drive.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Maurice

We picked up our rental at the Florence airport. Much easier to get into the countryside, since it's right on the Autostrada.<BR> There's a bus that leaves from across the street. Come out of the train station facing south. Cross the streets to the souteast corner, farthest corner from the station. A bus leaves there to the airport. Cost about 11.000L last year. If I recall, they left every half-hour during daylight hours.

Old Oct 16th, 2002, 08:37 PM
Mark

Grazie, that was the information I was looking for.