car rental on crete?

Search

car rental on crete?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car rental on crete?

I'm researching car rentals for Crete in mid-April. By far the cheapest I've found is Elite, a locally-owned company, which is quoting 69 euros for 3 days including taxes and basic insurance/CDW. Has anybody used them before? I'm a bit nervous because their website was quite clunky when I tried to reserve, and they didn't respond to an e-mail I sent requesting information on dropoff charges. Also, Elite's website appears to indicate that you need either an EU or international driver's license, i.e. a US license wouldn't be accepted. Anybody know if Elite is serious about this? I've rented cars in many countries and never had anyone reject my US license.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 02:55 AM

This is the 2nd time today I've recommended Economy - and no I don't work for them! I've used them from Athens and had them personally recommended to me for other Greek islands. Their rates include full CDW with no excess

www.economycarrentals.com
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 03:31 AM
Original Poster

I spoke too soon ... I just had a very nice e-mail back from Elite car rental on Crete, confirming my reservation and answering my question about whether I needed an international drivers' license (I don't). So I've booked with them. I did look at Economy, but Elite's prices are slightly lower.
Old Jun 30th, 2007, 04:27 PM

I just reserved a car with Elite. Can you give us feed back and let us know if you were satisfied with the car and service? Did you pick up and return the car at a different location?
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:07 PM
Original Poster

Yes, I was very satisfied! The car was in good shape, no mechanical problems. They delivered it to our hotel in Chania, and we dropped it off at the port of Iraklion -- we just parked and left the keys under the mat, and as our ship was pulling out of the harbor, we saw them come by to pick it up. I'd use them again.