Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Car rental in seville - comments on Record rent a car??

Jun 11th, 2002, 05:31 AM
eric

I've checked prices for car rental (holidayautos, autosabroad, national, avis...)and found that www.recordrentacar.com offers the best rates. Anyone used them before? Thanks for your comments

Jun 11th, 2002, 05:59 AM
zee

Eric Try Carjet.com the rates are better and everything is included.

Jun 11th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Andre

This interest me as well.

Just checked Carjet - the rates are indeed excellent: EUR 245 for a Ford Focus 10 days pickup @ malaga apt in Sept. They seem like a straightforward broker that works with the majors.

Record is a little cheaper (EUR 224), but sounds dodgy (they meet you at the airport and the car's parked in the public garage...)

Has anyone on this forum actually used Carjet or their sister company Drivespain? Are these guys for real? zee, you sound like you might work for them

Also, you have to prepay for gas, but they don't tell you the exact amount - what was your experience?

Thanks for your advice!

Andre

Jun 11th, 2002, 08:47 PM
zee

andre No I don't work for them..I also have reservations for car rental in Malaga. I hope it will be what it claims to be.

Jun 12th, 2002, 03:44 AM
eric

the thing is, I'm really after an automatic car...... and record rent a car seems to be the cheapest by far. You are right about them sounding a bit dodgy as I've never heard of them before, but they do have an office at the airport(sevilla and malaga). Might just try it out and let you guys know.

Jun 12th, 2002, 04:16 AM
Andre

eric:

are you sure Record has an office at the airport? Why would you be met in the arrivals hall if this is the case? I find their site quite suspicious: when you try to copy the text in the popup with the rental conditions, the window closes!

zee:
When are you leaving? I'm going in Sept. and would really appreciate feedback if you're travelling there before me... On another post I started (to get Carjet in a header), someone who has a reservation for July (don't know where though) said he would provide feedback - just a heads up (just do a search for carjet).

BTW, sent an OK to their quote last night but haven't received a confirmation yet. How long did it take for yours to come? Did they provide the name of the rental company? Also, did you choose to prepay for the extra 10% off?

Here's hoping we found a great bargain!

Andre

Jun 12th, 2002, 06:58 AM
zee

I just called Carjet and they are a booking company. I will be using them. They sent me a voucher to pick up my automatic car which was garanteed. The company is autoeuope which I will be picking up the car from. I did not need to prepay in order to get the 10% off. Hope this helps. Calling them it will make you feel better, but they were by far the best price for an automatic car with everything included except the gas which was about 40 euros. Hope this helps.

Jun 18th, 2002, 09:00 AM
gracie

Rented a car in Madrid through Avis..nice car (Chevy Astra)at a great corporate rate.
Arrived to Seville and wanted to leave the car stranded on a ditch..Seville is IMPOSSIBLE with a car!! Santa cruz is a maze!! Spent two hours trying to reach the hotel..never again will I use a car in Seville!