CAR RENTAL IN LONDON

Search

CAR RENTAL IN LONDON

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAR RENTAL IN LONDON

I'm going to London in May. We want to rent a car to go to stonehenge and the Thornbury castle. We are staying at hyde park paddington. Any suggestions on a nearby car rental location?
Old Dec 28th, 2005, 09:49 AM

Marble Arch could be your closest.

Go to www.auto-europe.co.uk and check their pick up/drop off locations.
Old Dec 28th, 2005, 12:52 PM
kmflondon

I would recommend renting from Enterprise, they have locations all over London and provide FREE pick up service from your hotel etc. The nearest branch to Hyde Park is the Maida Vale location or Russel Square location. You can go to their website at Enterprise.co.uk and type in your location to confirm nearest branch. Book online for the best rates. This is the same company you are probably familiar with in the U.S.

Old Dec 29th, 2005, 05:30 AM

A question: are you sure you want/need to rent a car and drive in the urban area of London? Unless you are very comfortable with the city, and with driving in the UK, you might want to consider taking a train to Salisbury, renting a car there, and driving to Stonhenge, then Thornbury Castle. Alternative is a train to Bristol, driving to the castle, then to Stonehenge. Even renting a car at Heathrow Airport would be a possiblity, since it is west of downtown London and in the general direction that you are going.

If you are an experienced London driver...well, Marble Arch is fairly close. There's a Hertz facility there, and others, I believe.
Old Dec 29th, 2005, 03:28 PM

We did this same thing just last June. It was easy to get a cab to Heathrow and then drive from there. There is no
was that I would have driven inside of
London - but once on the freeways and country roads it was not TOO bad. Good luck - you will absolutely love
Thornbury Castle. It is worth every penny!