Reload this Page >

Car Rental In Germany

Search

Car Rental In Germany

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Michelle McCann

Car Rental In Germany

My husband and I want to rent a car to travel from Switzerland to Germany along the Romantic Road. Can anyone recommend an AFFORDABLE car rental company?<BR><BR>Thanks!

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Dick Yeager

Michelle,<BR><BR>Autoeurope.com seems to be the favorite on this site. I found them to be the best for our upcoming trip to Germany, Austria, Switzerland and France.<BR><BR>Dick Yeager

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 09:54 AM
eee

Hertz usually has good rates in Germany. Just check out the biggies like Hertz, Avis, Europcar, Budget, etc...research will tell you what they offer. If your credit card offers insurance coverage you can save a few bucks that way

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 10:10 AM
ellen

I used Europe by Car in Germany. Rates comparable to Auto Europe and they upgraded me from a manual transmission to automatic at no cost!

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Dick

I recently got a great rate from Alamo on a rental out of the Munich airport (where it turned out they're hooked in with National). I set it up on their website, which is very user-friendly.

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 10:35 AM
bettyk

Michelle, do you mean that you want to drive from Switzerland to Germany or will you fly into Germany and then rent a car? Because, it is definitely more expensive to rent a car in Switzerland than in Germany due to taxes, etc. You will only need a small economy car for just the two of you so the rate should be reasonable. Do a little comparison shopping but be sure you are looking at the "inclusive" rates (with all airport taxes, CDW and VAT).

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:19 AM
oberost

Try &lt;[email protected]&gt; I was<BR>pleasantly surprised at rates.<BR>

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Rex

www.kemwel.com and www.its-cars-hotels.com are also worth checking.<BR><BR>

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 12:19 PM
wes fowler

Michelle,<BR>AutoEurope, Kemwel, Europcar are probably the most economical rental companies, however, if you're renting in Switzerland and dropping the car off in Germany, you'll be faced with what could be an exhorbitant drop off charge. If your drop off point is Germany, you'd be far better off renting in Germany. To my knowledge, any rental company in Germany will allow a drop off anywhere in Germany with no additional charge.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Gary St

I believe that you are required to have liabilty insurace also. (If not I would recommend it). I think that most credit cards will only pick up the CDW but you should check with your credit card company and your insurance agent as most car policies will not cover you abroad.<BR>Gary

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 06:31 PM
ann

AutoEurope was great for us in Germnay. Ususally they have a rental office near or at a train station.