Reload this Page >

Ireland in October - Jazz Festival

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23rd, 2000, 05:51 PM
Cara

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who's attended the Guiness Jazz Festival in Cork, Ireland. Is it worth attending? Are rooms difficult to book during that week? How is the weather in the region in late October? We'd like to spend a few weeks in Ireland and Scotland and are just concerned that it's too late in the season to be traveling in the area. Will many businesses be closed during that time of year? Thank you for any advice that you can share!

Old Jan 24th, 2000, 06:23 AM
Harriett

Cara, <BR>Thanks for posting this question. My husband is running the Dublin Marathon on 10/30 (Monday), and we're hoping to go over the week before and take in a few days of the Jazz Festival. We're looking at possibly staying around Kinsale but haven't confirmed anything yet. I'll be interested to see what your question turns up from some of our Irish Fodorites! <BR>Harriett

Old Jan 24th, 2000, 06:33 AM
Sean

Hi Cara, <BR> <BR>Thanks for your question. It's a good question that needs a good answer. I don't have a good answer. <BR>

Old Jan 24th, 2000, 12:58 PM
Kathleen

Cara, <BR>Ireland is booming at the moment and Cork is a large city so nothing closes. The tourist season in Ireland runs nearly all year round and places ie historic sites will not be closed but perhaps on winter hours. Cork is usually very busy and crowed for the Jazz Festival and it is advisable to book B&Bs early - get a brochure from Bord Failte the Irish Tourist Board and choose your B&B. That weekend is a bank holiday weekend and is the last one before Christmas so book early (and travel down to Cork a few days beforehand to avoid the weekend/Festival delays). While in Cork at the festival, which is excellent by the way, go to the Jameson Distrillery in Middleton. Have a whiskey on me.

Old Feb 14th, 2000, 12:40 PM
MaryBeth

What are the dates of the Jazz Fest