It's been about 15 years since i've done this route, arriving into the St Pierre des Corps station on the TGV from Paris. I vaguely recall the car rental counter being right there in the station (we used Drawbridge to Europe so I don't know which agency counter we went to).
But... I've seen so many confusing poses here about the different car rental agencies and their various locations in and around Tours... and some are franchises and some are not... so I have to ask the following for those of you who know the options well.
1) Which agencies have a rental counter right at the TGV station?
2) If there are other agencies at other locations in Tours that might have larger selections, are they a quick (eg, less than 15 minute) shuttle ride to another lot?
I'll have our little kids with us and I'm looking for the greatest ease of use with this. I don't want to have to do any transfering or shuttling to another location (unless it's a quick ride like 5-15 minutes). Some of the posts here at Fodors have implied that getting a car in the area is really a hassle. And at least 15 years ago for us it was quite simple.
We'll be arriving on a Saturday, too... if that complicates matters much. I think mostly it means I should pick a TGV that won't arrive from noon-2:30 for the lunch hour closing times.
Thanks for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO @Password Reset Contact 1:888:260:2909 YAHOO Tec*h supp0rt care24/7
- 2 AVG @ renewal Installation CONTACT ☎18006817208 Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 3 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 4 GTG Paris December 2017
- 5 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 6 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 7 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 8 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 9 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 10 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 11 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 12 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 13 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 14 Paris Apartment
- 15 Visit to France
- 16 Barcelona to Malaga
- 17 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 18 Trains - website?
- 19 Which Area in London?
- 20 First time in Spain
- 21 family trip to Germany and more
- 22 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 23 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 24 Packing Champagne
- 25 Christmas in Granada....food!