We are a couple planning on traveling from Prague through Austria to Slovenia and down through Croatia. We prefer car rental, but I know there are restrictions for some countries and fees for different drop off points. Has anyone done this route before? We'd like to have a car definitely for exploring Slovenia and Croatia. What would be the best/cheapest/most convenient way for two with luggage to get from Prague to Ljubljana, with a possible one night stop in Austria, either Salzberg or Halstatt? I am thinking we should do the bus/train to get to Slovenia, then rent one car to tour Slovenia, and another one in Croatia. Any advice would be appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to Malaga
- 2 Which Area in London?
- 3 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 4 Milan airport--which one
- 5 Trains - website?
- 6 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 7 two days in Nice
- 8 Visit to France
- 9 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 10 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 11 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 12 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 13 Ireland, public trans and my bicycle.
- 14 First time in Spain
- 15 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 16 Paris Apartment
- 17 New fast track
- 18 Packing Champagne
- 19 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 20 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 21 Itinerary Help, Please!!!
- 22 Once upon a time in Italy
- 23 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 24 Private Driver in Malaga Spain
- 25 Christmas in Granada....food!