Reload this Page >

Good places to stay in Rome?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 07:12 AM
Kara

Hello. I'm taking my honeymoon to Rome in July and am trying to fnid a hotel that is inexpensive to moderately proced, and is in a fun, "happening" area (i.e shopping, restaurants, nightlife) Any suggestions?

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 10:59 AM
Capo

Thought I'd top this for you...along with the suggestion that you specify a price range which is "inexpensive to moderately priced" for you, in order to help people out who may be able to assist you. <BR> <BR>For a "happening" area with nightlife, you might want to consider Trastevere. For shopping, the Spanish Steps. For restaurants, almost anywhere in Rome!

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 11:05 AM
me

rome is not all that big and it's easy to get around, either by bus, tram or taxi. much of it is walkable. i can't help you with 'happening' places but i think the all-round best area to stay in is in 'old rome', near pantheon and piazza navona. it's walkiung distance to almost everything. piazza rotunda (pantheon) and navona are very lively at night. Trastevere has tons of good restaurants and seems like a lot of young people do hang out there in the evenings but i don't think it has too many hotels.

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 04:46 PM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Kara, Go to www.venere.it and find the Albergo del Sole---a nice 2 star near Campo di Fiore---good value.

Old Apr 27th, 2001, 06:08 PM
K Slanker

We spent 10 days at the Albergo Portoghesi. Small Hotel. Wonderful breakfast on Roof terrace. Clean. A block or two from Piazza Navonna. 10 minute walk from Vatican. On same block are restaurants, grocery, bakery, coffee shop. Email me for any other info.

Old Apr 28th, 2001, 03:25 AM
Susan

Hi Kara, <BR>I loved the Campo dei Fiori area, it's 5 minutes from Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, 10 minutes from the Trevi, etc. Any of those areas are great, as they are so convenient to each other. Campo Dei Fiori is VERY busy at night...I stayed at the Albergo del Sole, it was a very clean, nice bare bones hotel. I liked it a lot, but it was very simple. No breakfast (that wasn't a big deal) Across the road is the Hotel Campo Dei Fiori, which I think is a 3 star, where I'm staying this coming September. I've never been to Trastavere, but have read about it. You can do searches on these hotels (Albergo del Sole has a website) on this forum and read a lot about it. One note (this is probably a given for all the folks on this forum) Bring your earplugs! <BR>Good luck! Susan

Old May 2nd, 2001, 06:23 AM
Kara

Thank you all so much -- all of your suggestions are VERY helpful!!