Airport Hotels in Rome?

Search

Airport Hotels in Rome?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airport Hotels in Rome?

We are traveling to Italy in May. Our flight home to Toronto leaves at 7:00 a.m. which means that we will have to be at the airport quite early - around 5:00 a.m. or shortly after. Do you suggest staying at a hotel near the airport? If so, what hotel do you suggest? Finally, Do you know of hotels with shuttle service that runs that early in the morning?

Old Mar 16th, 2006, 10:10 AM

Having done this many times, I would suggest you stay in Rome, and have a car from limoservicerome.com pick you up. You can reserve on their website, and they are very prompt. At that time of the morning, there will not be much traffic, and your ride to the airport should not take that long.

BC
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 10:27 AM

The only hotel that is truly in the Rome airport is the Rome airport Hilton hotel. Having just spent last Saturday night there, for an early morning flight out on Sunday, I can tell you it is not worth it. It is very very expensive and they take advantage of the fact that they are the only one in the airport. Aside from the expense, it also is not anything special and does not "fit" the stereotype that one would expect from a Hilton chain hotel I think bookchick's advice is much better and next time I have to be in the airport for an early morning flight, I will choose to stay in a hotel in Rome itself and book a limo driver to take me to the airport.
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 10:30 AM

There is a Hilton on the airport property. It is not inexpensive..... probably $200/night.

But it is the most convenient. You can walk to the check-in concorses from the hotel.

I don't know of another hotel within 5 miles of the airport. I have stayed in Ostia several times at the Satellite Palace Hotel which has a shuttle bus to and from the airport but doesn't run early enough to be there in time for a 7:00 AM departure. A cab or limo service arranged in advance may be your best bet if you don't want to stay at the Hilton.
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 10:30 AM

I agree with the above. I've had two 7:00 a.m. flights out of Rome and stayed in the city both times. We just had our hotel arrange for a taxi or shuttle to waiting for us in the morning and got to the airport without a hitch. There is very little traffic in Rome that early in the morning, and a taxi from the center of town to FCO took under half an hour.

Tracy
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 10:59 AM

We just paid 217 Euros for a double for one night at the airport Hilton and this was with a huge discount, so it truly is very expensive and may not be worth it if you can get a hotel in the city which is much cheaper and nicer and then just have a limo take you to the airport whenever you need it.
Old Mar 21st, 2006, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your responses! I agree, it is likely going to be less expensive to stay in Rome and use a 24 hour shuttle service to get to the airport. And that way we can better enjoy our last night.