My boyfriend and I are planning a road trip around France, Spain and Italy over 4 weeks in July 2016. We are both very experienced drivers in our forties, so car hire shouldn't be an issue. On the other hand, we have never hired a car in Europe before, so we need your advice please on how to go about it and the pitfalls we may encounter. Ideas for the best car hire companies would be appreciated, also.
Our plan is to fly in and out of Paris, so pick-up and drop-off will be at the same location. If you have better ideas about which city to hire from please let us know, as we can start and end our trip in any major city. We are still in the process of finalizing our itinerary, but we will be crossing borders several times for sure. Do car hire companies have rules and restrictions about this, for example?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BUY 100% UNDETECTABLE COUNTERFEIT MONEY £,$,€
- 2 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 3 Paris November 2017
- 4 1 night in Algarve in January?
- 5 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 6 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?
- 7 A very important question regarding pronunciation
- 8 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 9 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 10 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 11 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 12 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 13 Current plan for March trip
- 14 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 15 Spain in 2018
- 16 Rentals in Madrid , Spain-Select
- 17 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 18 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 19 First time in Spain
- 20 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 21 Schengen entry/exit stamps in Austria
- 22 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 23 Barcelona to Malaga
- 24 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 25 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?