We are leaving Avignon to head to Barcelona by train on 1 October.
I am looking for advice on where is best to ditch the hire car and pick up a train.
By my calculations we can get a train from Avignon which with changes in Narbonne and Figueres will get us to Barcelona in 6 hours.
Alternatively we could drive to Montpellier, Narbonne or Perpignan, spending less time on the train but more on the road. This will be back-tracking a route we will have covered earlier in the trip.
I'm leaning towards the Avignon drop off and relaxing on the train, although my two children may not be so keen!
Any thoughts on the least stressful place to return a hire car, and the nicest section to travel by train?
(You must all get so tired of answering variations on the same question but believe me, it is SO helpful!)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 2 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 3 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 4 First time italy, 12 nights. What to do
- 5 10 Days in May: Switzerland Itinerary Help
- 6 Which Aran Island??
- 7 New Years in France
- 8 Paris November 2017
- 9 Arezzo - how much time?
- 10 Spain or Portugal
- 11 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 12 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 13 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 14 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 15 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 16 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 17 9 day trip to France
- 18 Is a quick stopover in Bern worth it with 3 kids?
- 19 2 week May trip with kids
- 20 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 21 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 22 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 23 Easter Week in Italy
- 24 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 25 Airport Transfer
Car hire drop off: Avignon, Montpellier, Narbonne or Perpignan?