Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Car drop off at Granada railroad station on a Sunday?

Old Aug 14th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be driving from the Ronda area to Granada and would like to drop our rental car off at the railroad station instead of at the airport. Our hotel (Casa Morisca) is in the Albaicin and we would prefer a short taxi ride from the railroad station instead of the bus from the airport and then a taxi from the center of the city. So far, I've not been able to find a car rental company with an office at the railroad station that is open on Sunday around 6 or 7 pm or that has a lock box. The quotes I've gotten so far have been from the less expensive car rental places such as Hispacar and Nova Car. We'd prefer to keep the cost down, of course. I'd appreciate any suggestions. Also, I'd love to hear if anyone had had the experience of dropping a car at the Granada airport and then getting, with luggage, to their hotel. Thanks so much for your help with this.
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 11:31 AM

After driving in Spanish cities, I would highly recommend dropping the car off at the airport and taxi-ing it into town.

Granada was a nightmare to drive in. We dropped our car off in Barcelona, but spent 40 minutes before the drop-off time trying to find a gas station to fill up the tank. It was the most frustrating thing. I swore we would never again drop the car off in town. I'd rather deal with my luggage on a train or bus from the airport.
Old Aug 14th, 2006, 12:13 PM

Have you checked with www.argusrentals.com?
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 04:26 AM
Original Poster

As it turns out, argus.com does not have a rental location in Granada but thank you, Dukey, for the suggestion. I think we will end up dropping the car at the airport as you suggested, pavfec. It's not only the only choice but probably the best idea anyway.
Old Aug 15th, 2006, 04:37 AM

That's very odd..when I go to www.argusrentals.com and pick Spain as the rental country at least three Granada locations, downtown, the airport, and the RENFE station come up.
Old Aug 17th, 2006, 06:34 PM
Original Poster

Dukey, you're right. There is an Argus location at Granada RENFRE station but unfortunately it's closed after 2 pm on Sunday. I think we'll have to stick to the airport drop off plan after all.

Thanks again!