Car/driver service Perpignan to Collioure & back

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2019, 06:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finding train connections for visiting Collioure out of Barcelona on a day trip a bit slow for us and would like to consider a car/driver or taxi service as an alternative. Does anyone know of such a service? My internet searches have not turned out well. Thanks for any info.
Old Mar 12th, 2019, 06:41 AM

I'm not aware of a specific service either. I searched Trainline.eu and found a r/t leaving Barcelona at 8:25 and arr. 11:05 with a return from Collioure to BCN departing 5:53 arr. 20:34 on a random wednesday in May. That gives you 6 hours on the ground, albeit with no transportation there.
Old Mar 12th, 2019, 06:42 AM

I'm confused. Do you want to go Perpignan to Collioure and back or Barcelona to Collioure?

I have taken the train from Perpignan to Collioure and back, and it was a lovely ride: lots of inlets and flamingos and pretty towns and countryside.
Old Mar 12th, 2019, 06:54 AM

Jullie I have no idea about that location, but I did take a few taxis in Spain on my recent visit. I first investigated "transfers" which meant high-end cars and high prices. Did this once, and during the ride the driver himself told me to just take a normal taxi next time. So I did, from Cadiz to some outlying towns and back. Maybe look in the directory for local taxi companies, or call some of those in this link?? Or ask your hotel staff or apartment owner?

https://www.barcelonayellow.com/bcn-...nies-barcelona
Old Mar 12th, 2019, 06:56 AM

One idea, they go to France:

https://www.booktaxibcn.com/services...city-transfers

I'd be very interested in the prices, as I am now musing about a visit to the area next winter and might like to get up to Roses from Barcelona.
Old Mar 13th, 2019, 03:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for all the ideas. Sorry, I can see now that my post was a bit confusing. I've been so immersed in research I didn't start from the beginning. I first researched Barcelona--Perpignan--Colluire--Barcelona and found that there is no reasonable train to Collioure without returning to Perpignan. Then found the frequency of trains to and from very sparse and so decided to investigate transfers that would do the trick. Now I'm even finding trains back and forth to Perpignan sparse on my selected day and am investigating alternatives. So you've all given me lots of fuel for extended research.

ekscrunchy, I checked the site you provided. They offer Perpignan to Collioure and return for 164 euros, pretty steep in comparison to other services I've investigated for example between Lugano and Mennagio for instance--but at least a viable option given that I would really like to get back to Collioure. That said we may just wind up playing things by ear as we go and hope we can find taxis both in Collioure and in Perpignan willing to make the drives each way both--provided, of course, that there isn't some work going on on the train line making even getting to Perpignan from Barcelona all but impossible.

I'm off to continue my research, armed with the additional information all of you have so kindly given. Thanks.
Old Mar 13th, 2019, 07:16 AM

The train ride from Barcelona to Collioure (resp from Collioure to Barcelona) lasts 2 hr 40 min. I don't find that particularly slow for a distance of 125 miles/200 kms:
Barcelona dp 08.25 - Collioure ar 11.06
Barcelona dp 13.20 - Collioure ar 16.06
If you prefer to change trains at Cerbere instead of Perpignan, the journey lasts a bit longer:
Barcelona dp 6.16 - Collioure ar 09.52
Barcelona dp 7.16 - Collioure ar 10.52
Barcelona dp 9.16 - Collioure ar 12.51
Barcelona dp 11.16 - Collioure ar 14.52

Way back:
with change at Perpignan:
Collioure dp 16.51 - Barcelona ar 19.30
Collioure dp 17.51 - Barcelona ar 20.34
with change at Port Bou:
Collioure dp 13.06 - Barcelona ar 17.09
Collioure dp 15.06 - Barcelona ar 18.39
Collioure dp 19.06 - Barcelona ar 22.39

Last edited by neckervd; Mar 13th, 2019 at 07:43 AM.
Old Mar 13th, 2019, 07:30 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Julie, would you consider renting a car for the day? We loved Collioure and stayed there several days. Hope it all works out for your return there.
Old Mar 13th, 2019, 10:25 AM

Julie, FWIW, we found taxis in Colloiures between the train station and "downtown" for 7 euros.
Old Mar 14th, 2019, 03:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the additional responses. Renting a car would be a good solution but DH no longer willing to drive in and out of Barcelona unfortunately.

Never discovered the Ciboure option in my research but amount of time spent on trains starts to exceed the amount of time we'd have left to be in Collioure on a day trip.

If we do this, I'm starting to think that the only way we can manage it would be with a very early departure and a taxi between Perpignan and Collioure.

Thanks again, to all for your helpful research and guidance. JV
Old Mar 14th, 2019, 07:25 AM

Fastest way: Barcelona dp by TGV 8.25 up to Figueres plus taxi.

" If we do this, I'm starting to think that the only way we can manage it would be with a very early departure and a taxi between Perpignan and Collioure"
I cannot understand this sentence: all France bound trains leaving Barcelona before 8.25 stop at Collioure anyway.
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 04:01 AM
Original Poster

neckervd, sorry to be so confusing. I neglected to indicate that we had hoped to be able to spend some time exploring Perpignan before moving on to Collioure.

I also find far less train availability during the time frame I've been looking at (perhaps there is repair work scheduled during my timeframe or something and it is over a weekend--which I had presumed might make for more rather than less connections since it's plainly a tourist destination, but alas, not so.) At any rate, unless I can get some help from my hotel in working on this while I'm there I'm prepared to give up on trying to arrange this in advance. I sincerely thank all of the tenacious posters who worked so diligently to come to my aid. I'm satisfied that we've looked as hard as we can and that I just can't make this work to advantage for us. My sincere thanks for all your help. JV
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Stupid me. I just realized what part of my problem is. I've been looking for reservations during Easter weekend. That has to be a major travel weekend in Spanish cities. I'm crying Uncle and tossing in the towel for sure. JV
Old Mar 15th, 2019, 01:22 PM

Click on the arrow next to the public options and you will get a schedule. The bus schedule might be more frequent than the train:
https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Perpignan/Collioure
Old Mar 18th, 2019, 02:48 AM

I don't know what you mean: only the TGV/AVE trains need a reservation. All others I mentioned above don't.