I am trying to rethink my original itinerary plan. At first I had us staying in three bases--London, Canterbury (to tour Canterbury, Dover, and possibly Deal, Walmer and/or Broadstairs), and then somewhere else in Kent/Sussex either Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, or Tenterden.
Now I think maybe we should just stay in two bases--less moving around and do Canterbury as a day trip either by car from Tonbridge or by train from London. From either location it is about an hour drive or train ride away.
Then we can tour Dover from Tonbridge rather than from Canterbury even though it is a bit further to do that.
To tour the Cathedral, Canterbury Tales and the Canterbury museum--do you need a full day or just a half day? Can you combine that with Howlett's Wild Animal Park or is Port Lympne better which is further south to be done on a different day? The description of Port Lympne reminds me of the San Diego Wild Animal Park. Has anyone been to both to compare?
Does it make sense to just have two bases?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO @ Password Recovery CONTACT 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO Tec*h supp0rt 24\7
- 2 Black Friday in Britain? Why?
- 3 Tips for first trip to UK
- 4 Malaga Christmas lights
- 5 Help with suggestions for Portugal 2 week trip
- 6 Portugal
- 7 Paris November 2017
- 8 Scotland ideas
- 9 Devon and Dorset: Where to Base?
- 10 Anyone ever used a resort for a day in Santorini??
- 11 What To Do in Athens on a Sunday
- 12 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 13 paris to london- day trip
- 14 Planning a Poland itinerary
- 15 The World's Greatest Churches
- 16 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 17 U.K. Website & 1-Way Flight Booking Questions
- 18 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 19 Germany, Switzerland and Paris with teens
- 20 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 21 Three Island Greek Itinerary
- 22 September in Venice, Croatia, and Slovenia
- 23 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 24 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 25 US dairy vs European Dairy