Reload this Page >

can't book overnight train across Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 03:52 AM
Kate

Hi, sorry I know this will have been posted many times before, but I've tried using the search function for the past couple of days without success. <BR>I simply would like a recommendation for a website that will allow me to book an overnight train from Naples to Milan in August. I can find trains and times using http://www.sangallo.it/infotrain.html <BR>but I cannot book. Can you help? <BR>Thanks in advance

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 04:03 AM
Rex

I don't know about buying from the UK (can't you just go to any local rail station and do it in person?) - - but the Italian national rail system web site is www.fs-on-line.com - - and as far as I know you can book the overnight train (20:10 to 06:55) online there. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 04:28 AM
Santa Chiara

Kate, <BR>The new web site for the Italian train system is www.trenitalia.com. In some ways it is more useful (you can put in the English names for cities, for instance), but sometimes it's really slow. I think to book, however, you have to live in Italy. Maybe a travel agent can help you?

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 04:45 AM
joan culdit

this is the official website for the train service in italy. you can book online as well: <BR>http://www.trenitalia.com/ <BR>hope you find something <BR>Joan

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 04:52 AM
Kate

Thank you for such quick replies. It turns out that I was accessing the trenitalia.com site through another, which may explain why I kept getting stuck when trying to book. I've now registered successfully and hopefully should be able to book my ticket shortly. <BR>Many thanks for all your help x x

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 05:45 AM
Jim

Kate, <BR>If you're going to use www.trenitalia.com be sure you do it on Internet Explorer. It doesn't seem to work on Netscape for some reason.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 05:53 AM
Joe

Jim, <BR>The reason you can't get it to work on Netscape is because you must hide your tool bar, buttons bar and status bar so you can see what to click on at the bottom of the page. otherwise all you see is a train with nothing to click on.