Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Can't believe we're finally off to Paris!

Sep 21st, 2002, 09:36 AM
Susan

Hooray! We had to cancel last year after 9/11 and were unable to reschedule until now. I had asked lots of questions last year, so have only posted a few in the last few months, but thanks to all who answered them, especially Elvira, Capo, St. Cirq, Thyra and others. Of course, I've learned a lot from reading other people's questions as well. Will report back after the trip!

Sep 29th, 2002, 05:58 AM
Joel

Interesting that almost none of those people come here anymore. No clue why, except in the case of St. Cirq who has gone into the business of arranging small group trips (for profit), and seems to be happy with on that. Full details on the Delphi/pbprovence forum.

Sep 29th, 2002, 06:04 AM
Julie

You're right Joel. As I was reading the list of names, I too realized that I haven't seen anything from those posters in quite a while.

Sep 29th, 2002, 08:46 AM
up

up

Sep 29th, 2002, 09:44 AM
kelly

St. Cirq just answered a question today regarding the Dordogne. Another poster and I were wondering about a manor house down there and St Cirq answered promptly.

Sep 29th, 2002, 09:48 AM
xxx

Answered here? on this forum? what thread?

I'm not saying it's impossible, but St. Cirq has posted on the Delphi/pbprovence forum that she and Patricia (pbprovence) are leading a tour IN the Dordogne literally this week.

and they plan to do more. NOT "pro bono", in her own words.

Sep 29th, 2002, 04:08 PM
up

up

Sep 29th, 2002, 07:11 PM
kelly

The thread is: "Anyone familiar with this Dordogne Inn---Manoir de Hautegent" or something like that. Do a search under "Dordogne"...you'll find it.

Sep 29th, 2002, 07:22 PM
mimi taylor

I have a bochure from e-mailing the manoir but stayed at the moulin le roc and moulin de'abbaye. So what if those ladies do their thing? They are a valuable source of information to us who love France. Those others who throw out URLS are to be ignored(generally-there are a few like John who does know)

Sep 30th, 2002, 03:46 AM
up

So what? Such a double standard, mimi...

Sep 30th, 2002, 06:44 AM
sstone

I for one would appreciate the advice from someone who travels, lives, or works in another country over that of one who visits for a week or two, once in a while.
St Cirq, and others are honest, and up front with advice and are never nasty. Which on these boards should merit a prize!
What these posters do for a living is no one business, their advice does not cost you anything on here.
Someone needs to find something more fullfilling with their own life if something like this bothers them.
Or perhaps you would prefer the inane meanderings of Rex and his promotion of himself with absolutely no truth behind any of his bragging?

Sep 30th, 2002, 07:02 AM
huh

Maybe 'Up" is Rex.